- Gold is a tangible asset that has a universal demand and appreciates in value over time
- Gold could offset losses incurred by stocks and mutual funds during market recessions
- Aim to buy insured and pure gold manufactured and stored in government-owned facilities
For thousands of years, gold has been widely accepted as a medium of exchange. Due to its global demand and its luster, the precious metal represents a sign of wealth and financial stability.
As a tangible investment asset, gold value is known to stay ahead of inflation and appreciates over time. This demand is likely to keep growing as we continue to deplete gold reserves with rising mining activities. In addition, increasingly simple ways to invest in gold bars, ETFs, and gold mining companies have piqued the interest of countless investors across the globe.
More importantly, gold is immune to market fluctuations and manipulation since it doesn’t face devaluation like stocks, bonds, or government-issued fiat currencies like dollars or Euros. Gold prices have even been known to surge during recessions, having reached record-high prices during those times.
When transacting gold, you are also essentially free from the limitations, failures, and restrictions of banking systems. Make sure that you only buy insured gold, though – preferably with the option to store it in a safety deposit vault if you need to.
Where to Buy Insured Gold Online
The Vaulted app is one of the easiest ways to buy 99.99 percent pure kilo gold bars that are insured, manufactured, and stored in the Royal Canadian Mint, which is an ISO 90001:2000 certified refinery owned by the Canadian Federal government.
All holdings bought through Vaulted are:
- stored in highly secure safety vaults
- audited by the government on a quarterly basis
- insured against theft and damages
The Vaulted team has decades of experience and has dealt with over $2.5 billion worth of precious metal transactions. They oversee all gold buying and selling activities on the app and will assist you with any queries you might have related to gold investments or the app itself.
How to Sign Up and Buy Gold on the Vaulted App
- Download the Vaulted app, and create an account.
- Link your checking account through their encrypted platform.
- Initiate a transfer from your checking account to your new Vaulted account.
- Enter the amount of gold you want to buy on the app and confirm the offer for immediate processing during market hours. You may follow the same process to sell gold, as well.
For safe storage of your holdings, be prepared to pay a transaction fee of 1.8 percent and 0.4 percent in annual maintenance fees. This transaction fee goes towards developing and securing the app and keeping up with seamless gold transactions without any holdovers or waiting periods.
If you want to avoid these fees and get your holdings shipped to your doorstep instead, simply place a request with the Vaulted team, and they’ll FedEx it to you within a week. Just make sure you have a safe place to store your gold.
If you want to invest in gold periodically to fortify your portfolio, you may set up automatic gold investments on the app, where you decide how much and how often to invest. While gold prices appreciate in value over time, they can also offset some of the losses you might incur through stocks and other volatile asset classes, especially during recessions.