There has been talk in the industry in the last few weeks about eliminating genres (e.g. FPS, RTS) and referring to games as action or drama titles (aren’t those genres?). This game from Ubisoft may not eliminate genres, but it will surely be difficult to categorize. It looks like Crackdown meets Burnout Paradise. Crackdown because it is an anti-GTA (i.e. you are the good guys) sandbox type and Burnout Paradise because you drive around looking for opportunities to rescue.
UBISOFT ANNOUNCES EMERGENCY HEROES™ FOR THE Wii™
Save the Day in Next-Gen Rescue Vehicles
SAN FRANCISCO – March 31, 2008 – Today Ubisoft, one of the world’s largest video game publishers, announced that it will publish Emergency Heroes exclusively on the Wii™ home video game system from Nintendo. Developed by Ubisoft Reflections and Ubisoft Barcelona, Emergency Heroes is an open world rescue driving game. Young rescuers can jump into 16 different variations of next-generation rescue vehicles as a police officer, firefighter or EMT and navigate through the sprawling streets of San Alto, keeping citizens safe along the way. Emergency Heroes will be available in North America in May 2008.
Become a real-life hero – drive the coolest, high-tech rescue vehicles to SAVE your city.
Emergency Heroes is the open world rescue driving game that is designed for the next generation of young rescue heroes.
Race to the scene in advanced police, fire and EMT rescue vehicles that let you jump over four-lane highways, power-slide into water towers and track down criminals at high speeds. By combining simple intuitive controls with fast, exhilarating action, Emergency Heroes offers an exciting experience the whole family can enjoy, exclusively on Wii™.
- Drive the next generation of rescue vehicles. Pilot and command numerous hi-tech rescue vehicles designed specifically for ultra-high-risk, high-speed navigation. Choose between police, fire and EMT vehicles.
- Explore and protect the entire city. As an emergency hero, your mission is to protect the peaceful city of San Alto. Drive through stunning free-roaming open environments, rescuing the city from imminent danger at every turn.
- Two Player Co-Op. Challenge your friends or combine forces to form the ultimate rescue hero team to protect your city.
- Fun for the whole family. Making full use of the Wii Remote(TM), everyone in the family can enjoy being an emergency hero.
- Fast-action gameplay. Take advantage of Hero Mode and play like you mean it – the faster you drive, the faster you rise and gain access to powers of invincibility.