Here are a few bits of gaming news for today:
- Fourth and Final “Grand Theft Auto IV” Trailer Available Today on Xbox.com and Xbox LIVE Marketplace
- PlayStation® 3 and PC Gamers Can Get Their Frag On With Three New Maps for Unreal Tournament 3
- Hothead Games Sets Price, Technical Specs For Upcoming Penny Arcade Game
Details for all three news items after the break.
Fourth and Final “Grand Theft Auto IV” Trailer Available Today on Xbox.com and Xbox LIVE Marketplace
Today Grand Theft Auto fans will get another glimpse of “Grand Theft Auto IV” before it hits shelves on April 29. The fourth official trailer, titled “Good Lord, What are You Doing?” AKA “Everyone’s a Rat,” is now available on Xbox.com and Xbox LIVE Marketplace.
Developed by Rockstar Games, “Grand Theft Auto IV” is a powerful crime epic set in modern-day Liberty City, a world with an unparalleled combination of scale, depth and detail.
For the first time ever, “Grand Theft Auto IV” will also include online multiplayer, enabling gamers to play with their friends and more than 10 million members of the Xbox LIVE community. Plus, only Xbox 360 players will have access to exclusive “Grand Theft Auto IV” content coming this autumn.
PlayStation® 3 and PC Gamers Can Get Their Frag On With Three New Maps for Unreal Tournament 3
Today, Midway and Epic Games announce that downloadable content for the award-winning first-person shooter, Unreal Tournament 3, is now available for PlayStation® 3 and PC. The downloadable content consists of three deadly arenas: Morbias, Facing Worlds and Searchlight. PC users can find the new content at www.unrealtournament3.com, while PS3 users can download it directly from the PlayStation® Network.
These downloads, which are free to all owners of Unreal Tournament 3, mark the latest achievement in providing the gaming community with unrivaled mods and superior experiences through the most recent installment in the Unreal Tournament franchise. While Unreal Tournament 3 shipped with 40 maps, and hundreds of user-created mods have been published since the game’s release, Midway and Epic are committed to providing fans with even more official content to further extend enjoyment of the game.
Morbias is the deathmatch arena that started it all, perfectly suited for anything from small intense duels to chaotic free-for-all matches. The Unreal Tournament classic, Facing Worlds was one of the most played maps in gaming history. This beloved sniper map makes its return alongside an intricate new capture the flag map, Searchlight, designed for both z-axis rooftop runs and strategic indoor gameplay. Returning classics and fresh new designs let you experience Unreal gaming like never before.
Hothead Games Sets Price, Technical Specs For Upcoming Penny Arcade Game
Windows, Mac and Linux versions to sell worldwide for $19.95
March 27, 2008 – Hothead Games today announced official pricing for the upcoming first installment in the downloadable, episodic game series Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness. Although the title is long, the price is just a short and sweet $19.95 for the Windows®, Mac® and Linux® versions of the game, currently scheduled to launch simultaneously this spring on these platforms and via Xbox LIVE® Arcade.
Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode One is expected to offer gamers five to ten hours of gameplay and work on current generation computer hardware, making it compatible with players’ schedules and pocketbooks.
Minimum System Requirements
Windows and Linux
• Windows® 2000/XP/VistaTM with latest updates or Linux® 32-bit x86
• Pentium® III, AMD AthlonTM 1.0 GHz or better
• Mac® OS X 10.4/10.5 with latest updates
• PowerPC® G4, G5 or Intel® based Mac 1.0 GHz or better
Windows and Linux
• Pentium® IV, AMD AthlonTM 1.5 GHz or better
• PowerPC® G4, G5 or Intel® based Mac 1.5 GHz or better
Minimum System Requirements
• ATI RadeonTM 9500 or better, NVIDIA GeForceTM FX 5200 or better, Intel® GMA 950 or better with 64 MB of video memory (shared or dedicated)*
• 512 MB of available system memory
• OS-supported keyboard and mouse
• OS-supported sound card
• 350 MB of available hard drive space (185 MB installed)
• Available Internet connection for download and one-time authentication
• ATI RadeonTM X800 or better, NVIDIA GeForceTM 6600 or better video card with 128 MB of video memory*
• 768 MB of available system memory
• 16-bit stereo- or surround-capable sound card with latest drivers
*All Windows- and Linux-based system video cards require latest drivers supporting OpenGL®.
Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode One has been rated “M” for Mature by the Entertainment Software Ratings Board.