DIY vs. salon? Britta has decided to dye her own hair from now on. Here’s why!
Dying your hair can be tricky, which is why some people choose to have professionals do it for them. However, Britta from Iowa was disappointed when the color she wanted only lasted for a week before it started fading. “I got my hair professionally dyed to a bright teal a couple of weeks ago and it lasted about a week before it started to get muddy and green looking,” she shares.
In hopes of fixing her hair, she found Lime Crime’s Unicorn Hair Full Coverage. As the name suggests, it promises to transform your hair into vibrant colors! Unlike other hair dyes that leave your hair dry and frizzy, this semi-permanent hair dye is also ultra-conditioning. Plus, it’s DIY-friendly so you can achieve your hair goals conveniently at the comfort of your own home.
What you’ll need:
- A pair of gloves
- An applicator brush
- A hair mixing bowl
- An old t-shirt or cape
How to use Lime Crime’s hair dye:
- Prepare your tools.
- Cover the surfaces and fabric with newspapers or used plastics to prevent getting the dye on them.
- Wear protective gloves.
- Make sure your hair is clean, unconditioned, and dry.
- Pour your desired amount of dye into the mixing bowl.
- Part your hair into four even sections (front to back and side to side) and secure them using clips.
- Work the dye into inch-wide strands evenly from root to tip using the applicator brush.
- To ensure even distribution of color, massage each strand with your fingers.
- Leave the Full Coverage Dye in your hair for 30 minutes (no heat/cap required).
- For more intense and longer-lasting results, leave it in for one to two hours.
- Rinse your hair until the dye is completely washed out.
Available in 27 colors, you are sure to find the right one for any mood or occasion! Choose from:
- Full Moon (Blue Black)
- Meadow (Deep Green)
- Jello (Tropical Green)
- Sea Witch (Rich Teal)
- Swamp Queen (Dirty Money Green)
- Dirty Mermaid (Seafoam Green)
- Anime (Candy Blue)
- Blue Smoke (Steel Blue)
- Mystic (Electric Blue)
- Squid (Ink Purple)
- Genie (Deep Violet-Purple)
- Pony (Electric Violet-Purple)
- Aesthetic (Mauve)
- Mochi (Strong Smoky Lavender)
- Neon Peach (Clean Vibrant Peach)
- Cutie (True Bright Orange)
- Strawberry Jam (Muted Pink-Red)
- Bubblegum Rose (Warm Rose Pink)
- Juicy (Fuchsia)
- Sour Candy (True Bright Pink)
- Lipstick (Pink-Red)
- Flaming Red (Bright Fire Red)
- Valentine (Crimson Red)
- Chocolate Cherry (Burgundy Red)
- Mystic Rose (Burgundy)
- Chestnut (Maroon Brown)
- Charcoal (Charcoal Grey)
Indeed, Lime Crime did not fail Britta. She shares, “I bought Blue Smoke from Mt local Walmart the other day to cover it up and it turned out great!” Not only did she achieve the color that she desired, she also enjoyed the smell and the softness of her hair afterward. “This stuff smells great and feels super conditioning as it left my hair feeling really soft,” she continued.
As a result, Britta claims she will never go to the salon again. This way, coloring her hair will be much easier and less expensive. “I’ll be buying this from now on instead of going to the salon,” she concludes.