- Many Americans are looking up to financial advisors as a trusted source for financial advice
- Vetted advisors could help build a financial life roadmap extending beyond retirement
- This billion-dollar company is transcending how we connect with fiduciary financial advisors
As per a Harris Poll survey, the new nature of market volatility induced by the pandemic has led more people to team up with financial advisors – and New York-based firm SmartAsset is changing how people connect with them. SmartAsset abides by a fiduciary duty and offers quick and transparent proprietary client-advisor matching services.
How Does SmartAsset Work?
After filling in a brief online quiz about your retirement goals, SmartAsset’s dedicated concierge team will use an algorithmic approach to connect you with up to three vetted fiduciary financial advisors within minutes. The team will even go a step further to arrange introductory calls at your convenience so you can interview them and verify their credentials. This way, you no longer have to ask around for recommendations that might not suit your personal needs best.
What are fiduciary financial advisors?
- They are legally and ethically required to work in your best interests.
- They usually undergo 1,000 hours of coursework before they can offer financial advice.
- They do their best to create a safe space where you can share your financial dreams and fears, retirement goals, current debt and tax situation, government benefit eligibility, and monthly budget.
- They will create a detailed and personalized financial plan made just for you.
Why do you need a financial advisor?
A 2021 National Financial Educators Council survey of 3,389 people estimated that Americans lost a whopping $352 billion in 2021 due to financial mismanagement. Nearly more than 10 percent of the respondents lost over $10,000. A financial advisor will see to it that you don’t make rash or emotionally charged financial decisions during market upheavals.
SmartAsset’s website is the Internet’s most-visited personal finance website that helps over 45 million people each month in managing finances better. Alongside their state-of-the-art client-advisor matching services, they feature tons of financial guides, award-winning tax and retirement tools, debt calculators, and financial modeling software that estimates the impact on your financial future based on the decisions you make at present.
So far, SmartAsset has raised over $161.5 million over seven rounds and currently has a valuation of over $1 billion.