Minimum PC System requirements revealed for The Sims 4
The Sims is perhaps the video game franchise with the most diverse following, not to mention one of the best-selling PC games ever. We?ve just told you about a possible Premium membership feature coming to the latest series, but a fresh update from the developers also revealed the minimum PC system requirements for the upcoming The Sims 4.
The Sims 4 is expected to garner the series? broad player demographic, so we can expect that its system requirements would not necessitate a lot in terms of hardware and software specs. That is exactly what the company had done if we are to base it from their recent announcement. In other words, if you already have any video game installed on your PC, it could probably run the latest The Sims game too.
These are the minimum PC system requirements for The Sims 4, courtesy of the FAQs section in the official The Sims website:
- REQUIRED: Internet connection required for product activation.
- OS: Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1), Windows 8, or Windows 8.1
- PROCESSOR: 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4000+ or equivalent (For computers using built-in graphics chipsets, the game requires 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.0 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-62 or equivalent) MEMORY: At least 2 GB RAM
- HARD DRIVE: At least 9 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games
- DVD-ROM: DVD ROM drive required for installation only
- VIDEO CARD: 128 MB of Video RAM and support for Pixel Shader 3.0. Supported Video Cards: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better, ATI Radeon X1300 or better, Intel GMA X4500 or better
- SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c Compatible
- DIRECTX: DirectX 9.0c compatible
- INPUT: Keyboard and Mouse
The Sims 4 will be released on the Windows PC platform on September 2. A Mac version is yet to be announced; given that every The Sims title had been released to Apple?s signature OS, it?s just a matter of time.
Photo Credit: The Sims