Developer Ubisoft said last month that the Tetris Ultimate will be coming to the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and the PC. Now they have announced that the reimagined classic game will also be coming to the Nintendo 3DS.
Better yet for 3DS owners, the game will have its own exclusive single-player Challenge mode in addition to the six modes that are included in the other versions.
Here are the modes that will be included in the 3DS version:
- Marathon ? Complete level 15 and rack up as many points as you can.
- Endless ? Keep clearing lines until your stamina runs out.
- Ultra ? Race to score as many points possible before time runs out in this three-minute challenge.
- Sprint ? Clear 40 lines as quickly as you can.
- Battle ? Go head-to-head to knock out 1-4 challengers.
- Battle Ultimate ? Be the last person playing after using crazy power-ups. Go on the offensive with Carousel and make your opponent?s Well shift to the left after each move, or trigger Let it Rain and dump garbage down on top of them. Buzz Saw helps you out by clearing away a number of your lines, especially useful when you?re in a spot of trouble.
- Challenge ? From disappearing Tetriminos (Tetris playing pieces) to orientation-locked Tetriminos, be prepared for a variety of challenges that will test a player?s fortitude.
Ubisoft?s Tetris Ultimate is a timely release in celebration of Tetris? 30th anniversary. In case you didn?t know, Tetris also started with Nintendo?s Game Boy and is the best selling game of all time with more than 143 million copies sold.
?I am very pleased that [Tetris Ultimate’s developers] were very, very careful with the Battle mode,? Alexey Pajitnov, the legendary creator of the iconic game 30 years ago, said in an interview last month about the reinvented game. ?They work with the material the game provides, and I think they did a very good job on it. So we will see. The players are judges, not us.?
Tetris Ultimate is expected to be released this summer for the Xbox One, PS4, and PC, while the 3DS version will be following sometime in the fall.
Image Source: Ubisoft