Because of the covid-19 scare, people choose to watch movies at home, even when cinemas are slowly reopening for public viewing. Only goes to show that something is comforting and magical in spending a movie night at home with your family, your friends, or your partner. The experience of a movie night at home is convenient than spending a few hours with strangers at the cinemas who will just annoy you with their muffled chit-chats or unsolicited opinions.
Having a movie night at home creates a beautiful bonding experience for the family or with your friends. Not to mention the convenience of moving in your own space, spill popcorns, laugh or cry loudly without anyone telling you to shush! What makes it more ideal is you can choose to watch as many movies as you can since there are now streaming platforms that bring even the latest movie available in cinemas.
To make movie night sessions more fun and exciting, we created a list of ideas and essentials to hold an unforgettable movie night at home!
Movie night at home essentials
Before plopping on the couch with your popcorn and sodas, you should first plan. The first step is knowing what you need for a perfect movie night experience at home. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Subscription-based streaming service. THIS. IS. A. MUST. If you want to have plenty of options, stop your downloads and look for video-on-demand platforms that offer your best movie picks. Fortunately, there are tons of streaming services offering a multiverse of video content.
- Chips and Popcorn. Movie nights are not complete with chips and popcorns. Oh! And thanks to brands like LesserEvil and Peatos, there are now healthy and plant-based snacks for us to try!
- Prompter. If you want to bring the movie night in the backyard or on other parts of your home without bringing in the TV, then bring a prompter and create a cinema-like viewing experience!
- Lights. Aside from trending aesthetics, dim lights or bg lights create good simulation with your TV screen. Let these lights put you in the mood.
- Drinks. Movie nights at home give you the benefit of drinking alcohol while watching. In cinemas, aside from soda and water, you cannot bring in these fizzy drinks. But at home? Hah! Get drunk! The sky is the limit!
- Speakers. Honestly, this is one of the things that we surely miss at the cinemas. But we can now invest in surround sound speakers that make a theater-quality sound!
Tips for a great movie night at home
Watching movies is an easy recreational activity that you can do with your family and friends to make memories. Here are a few tips from us to make these nights, one for the books!
- To ensure your movie nights are extra memorable, have the right equipment on hand. Invest in a good projector or prompter screen and a soundbar that will upgrade your movie nights. A great movie night does not happen every day, so go all out.
- No movie night would be complete without delicious snacks, or food! Fill your pantry with all the snacks you can think of! And since we’re no longer in the cinemas, there are no restrictions to the snacks you bring, so go all out and be creative!
- Picking the right movie for a movie night is half the battle. Sometimes, you already feel fatigued when spending half the night choosing between options and end up settling on a title that no one likes. Create a list or save it in your subscription service account so the next time you prepare for a movie night, you can choose a movie you will all enjoy.