We celebrate birthdays in many ways; as a child, a party with your favorite cake is the happiest event. But when you reach the adult stage, there is no other way to celebrate than to have a night full of booze and cocktails with friends and families!
Whether it’s a simple party or a grand celebration, birthday cocktails are the life of the party. Any birthday drinks will surely bring out the best and sometimes cringy stories to tell.
From simple cocktail drinks to the most fun birthday margarita shot, here are a few cocktails to bring along in birthday celebrations. We’ve also included a few recipes to make flavorful and exciting cocktail shots at home.
Different types of cocktails:
Everyone has their spins on them, of course, so there’s plenty of variety to choose from.
- Old Fashioned
- Whiskey Sour
- Dry Martini
- Moscow Mule
- Espresso Martini
Unique birthday cocktails to make
Birthdays are still fun even without cakes! How? Here are a few birthday cocktails that will give you the same taste and feel of a birthday cake:
- Birthday cake martini. A birthday cake in an alcoholic drink form. You can make it with regular vodka or cake-flavored vodka.
- Pink birthday shots. If you do not like to drink an entire glass of martinis, these cute sprinkled-colored martini shots are for you.
- Strawberry daiquiri. Your classic rum with a sweet taste of strawberry, perfect for birthday celebrations.
- Long island iced tea. Made with a mix of hard liquors and a splash of cola to it resemble the color of the iced tea.
- Sparkling sangria. A mix of red wine, other fizzy spirits, and chopped fruit. Perfect fizz for celebrations.
- Margarita float. Just as the name implies, it is a margarita with gelato or ice cream on top.
Simple and easy birthday cocktail recipes
Making these cocktails are easier than baking a whole cake. Here are a few easy recipes to mix a delicious birthday drink:
Simple Chocolate Cake Martini Recipe
All you need is chocolate milk, rum/vodka, chocolate liqueur, and ice. Use chocolate syrup or shredded chocolate for garnish.
- Mix chocolate milk, vodka/rum, and chocolate liqueur into a cocktail shaker with ice, and shake to combine.
- Dip martini glasses into the chocolate syrup, then into the shredded chocolate.
- Swirl chocolate syrup into the glass for garnish. Or sprinkle some chocolate on top of it.
- Pour the cocktail mixture into it and serve!
Easy Margarita Icecream Float Recipe
Tequila, lime juice, lime ice, and vanilla ice cream are all it takes to make this.
- Combine tequila, lime juice, and lime ice in a shaker.
- Pour the drink in a glass
- Top it with a scoop of ice cream. You can shred the lime ice and add it as a garnish on top.