3-in-1 gut health Apple Cider Vinegar gummy designed to support digestion & microbiome health for optimal nutrient absorption
Choosing makeup and skincare products is a serious decision for people with sensitive skin. Whether you suffer from dryness, redness, itchiness, flaking, inflammation, or all of the above, having easily irritated skin can make finding the right products for your beauty routine can cause serious effects. Even if a product claims in the package that they are hypoallergenic, there are still instances that these will cause a reaction.
The best makeup for sensitive skin neither irritates nor overwhelms, but of course, it still needs to offer good coverage that can stand up to the demands of your day.
The best natural brands do not clog pores. They also prioritize natural, organic, often vegan, and cruelty-free ingredients. Unfortunately, these products are not always on the top shelf of your favorite brands.
When it comes to makeup, as long as you choose the proper formulations with kind-to-skin ingredients and no nasties, your skin is safe. We gather a list of makeup brands that perform best for sensitive skin. Check the items below.
How do you know if your skin is sensitive to makeup?
There are few tests you can try to find whether your skin is susceptible to common beautifying ingredients. Here are a few ways:
- Brush your fingertips along your cheek with light to medium pressure. If the skin turns pink where you have tracked, it is sensitive.
- Test a product on the inside of your upper arm and cover it with a plaster. This area mimics the skin on the face in terms of sensitivity. If you experience redness and itching, wash off immediately – you have sensitive skin.
- Wash your face with a facial cleanser and warm water. After five minutes, note how your skin feels. If your face feels normal, not tight, red, or hot, you can count yourself as non-sensitive.
Makeup ingredients you should avoid if you have sensitive skin.
Avoiding these harmful substances means your skin will look as healthy as ever. If you want to avoid unpleasant reactions from the products you use, knowing the ingredients to avoid is a must!
- Artificial Fragrance. Any fragrance is not good when it comes to the skin. No matter how little it contains, if it is present on the list of ingredients, it means that it can cause havoc in your skin.
- Alcohol. These are known to lead to dryness, irritation, and bad skin reactions. They can lead to skin damage, and it’s best to stay away from them if you plan to keep your skin healthy in the long run.
- Dyes. Hair coloring can affect your skin. So it is only natural to know first if your hair color is hypoallergenic.
- Botanical extracts and essential oils. Just because a product is marked natural or organic doesn’t mean it won’t cause a reaction on sensitive skin. Plant-based ingredients like citrus fruit extracts and mint can irritate your skin if it’s a primary ingredient.
- Retinol. Or anything equally harsh on your skin. Over-exfoliating can also irritate, so use a mild enzyme-based exfoliator to gently slough skin.
SUBSCRIBE (SAVE 10%)
The Ordinary restores balance to complexions with this skincare set, a selection of four powerhouse products to amplify your existing routine.
This set of essentials is all you need to stay looking and feeling fresh with minimal effort.
$99Save $24 + Free Shipping
Brandless beauty products being clean and safe to use, no matter what skin type you may have.
$50You Save: 30%
AHA/BHAs help new skin come to the surface, keeping your face so fresh and so clean. Salicylic acids purify and balance.
It is a 3 in 1 hybrid product in compact packaging that provides sun protection, foundation, and skincare in one