Super Bomberman R update 1.3 recently went live and it’s a big one for fans of the Switch exclusive. Aside from some new content, we will also see improvements made to the some of the game’s frame-rate. Controls and online lag will also be improved, so it seems like Konami really has been listening to the fans.
All of this was confirmed on the official Konami website. Those that own the multiplayer-focused game will be happy to know that the new update is available right now. Overall, it’s a great update that should keep fans of the game happy until newer titles come to the Switch.
Fans on NeoGAF have discovered that the game might be locked at 60 fps thanks to the update. While some have stated that it could just be unlocked to 60 fps, there’s no denying that it runs smoother now. Unfortunately, the game’s visuals took a bump from this, but at least it plays fast and looks smooth.
NeoGAF user meOwish tried all the gameplay modes with the Nintendo Switch undocked and the frame-rate seems to vary. Apparently, only the four and eight player matches is locked at 60 fps. Other game modes, such as story mode, only received a boost in frame-rate. We’ll have to wait for more tests to find out how much improvements was made for the game’s frame-rate.
The biggest additions to Super Bomberman R update 1.3 are the four new stages for VS mode. With a focus on multiplayer, these new stage should add some variety to the game’s look, which is appreciated. Konami promised to add free content to the game via updates and it seems like they will be keeping it.
- Four new VS stages have been added to the shop (White Cross, Lagoon, Max Speed, Power Zone).
- Two new series of accessories have been added to the shop (Crowns, Bombs).
- The frame rate of the entire game has been improved. We also made slight adjustments and improved the controls as well.
- Less lags are likelier to happen when every participant in the Online Battle have good network connection. (If you want to find opponents with good connection, set Other > Basic Settings > Network Settings to the very left.)
- Made it possible to press L/R to change the inclination of the map in the Story Mode. Other > Basing Settings will also allow you to fix the camera position as well.
- You can now choose the strength of the COM on the Multiplayer Battle Mode.
- The strength of the Five Dastardly Bombers on the Story Mode have been adjusted.
- The difficulties of Beginner and Normal have been reduced, making it easier to beat them.
- Adjusted the heights and slopes on some maps to improve the visibility.
- If you continue a certain number of times in the Story Mode, you will be able to continue without paying any more gems.
- Changed the BP (Battle Point) increase/decrease rate for the League Battle.
- Fixed other various small bugs.
Super Bomberman R update 1.3 is available now, so fans with a copy of the game can download it and reap the rewards. The game can be found in most retail stores and is a Nintendo Switch exclusive.