Winter is coming. Or so they say. In fact, it is already upon us as the winter solstice kicks in today, Dec. 21. But enough about that. There is one pressing matter that needs to be attended to and that is the Steam Winter Sale 2016. It is that time of the year again where gamers thin their wallets and splurge on games available on Steam.
Normally, Valve will be the one to make such announcements on sales. Unfortunately, PayPal beat it to the punch. According to PayPal?s Twitter account, Steam Winter Sale 2016 starts tomorrow, Dec. 22.
— PayPal UK (@PayPalUK) December 20, 2016
Like last season?s sale, gamers can expect massive discounts on games like Battlefield 1, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, and Watchdogs 2. As customary for any Steam sale, anyone can expect discounts not lower than 40 percent. Some games can even go as high as 70 percent on discount. Gamers will definitely need a bigger wallet this holiday season.
The sale might even extend to downloadable contents and season passes. Players will be getting price reductions on titles like Civilization VI, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, and Tom Clancy?s The Division.
The start of the sale will coincide with the Steam Awards 2016. The voting will run from Dec. 22 until Dec. 29. There will be a number of categories where fans can pitch in their votes for their favorite games.
Here are some of the categories to vote for on the Steam Awards 2016:
- The ?Villain Most In Need Of A Hug ?
- The ?I Thought This Game Was Cool Before It Won An Award? Award
- The ?Test Of Time? Award
- The ?Just 5 More Minutes? Award
- The ?Whooooaaaa, dude!? Award
- The ?Game Within A Game? Award
- The ?I?m Not Crying, There?s Something In My Eye? Award
- The ?Best Use Of A Farm Animal? Award
- The ?Boom Boom? Award
- The ?Love/Hate Relationship? Award
- The ?Sit Back And Relax? Award
- The ?Better With Friends? Award
For more updates on the Steam Winter Sale 2016, be sure to check us out at TheBitbag.