Steam Summer Sale 2014 has just kicked off with discounts on games and software on Valve?s digital distribution platform until June 30 at 1pm ET.
Daily Deals are deals that change every day and for today, their offering is as follows:
- DayZ?for $25.49 (regularly $29.99)
- Dead Rising 3?for $37.49 (regularly $49.99)
- Democracy 3?for $8.49 (regularly $24.99)
- Divinity Original Sin?for $31.99 (regularly $39.99)
- Don’t Starve?for $3.74 (regularly $14.99)
- Far Cry 3?for $7.49 (regularly $29.99)
- Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion?for $7.99 (regularly $39.99)
- The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition?for $3.99 (regularly $19.99)
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown?for $8.49 (regularly $29.99)
Flash Sales are sales that change every eight hours. The current offering is as follows:
- Half – Life 2?for $2.99 (regularly $9.99)
- Anno 2070?for $7.49 (regularly $29.99)
- NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 3 Full Burst for $9.99 (regularly $39.99)
- Castlevania 2?for $44.99 (regularly $59.99)
There is also a Community?s Choice where buyers can vote on the next discounted games. Steam users can choose between two sets of games and vote on which ones they want to go on sale next. As a sort of reward, every three votes will earn users a Summer Adventure trading card. The first two bundles are below.
- Action – RPG?with?7 Days to Die,?South Park: The Stick of Truth,?Torchlight 2?and The Incredible Adventures of?Van Helsing 2
- Indie – Great Soundtrack?with?Dust: An Elysian Tail,?Fez,?Trine 2?and?Valdis Story: Abyssal City
Aside from the sale, Valve is also sponsoring the Summer Adventure alongside it. Users who collect all of the sale?s 10 trading cards either by purchasing $10 worth of games, voting in the Community?s Choice sales, crafting badges, or trading or purchasing them in the Community market, will be able to craft a Summer Adventure badge to commemorate their achievement. Some perks include an emoticon, a profile background and more.
Steam users can also join a virtual team by crafting a badge or clicking a Steam link. Once the user is randomly assigned, 30 members of each team who contributed to the team?s goal that day will win 3 games from their Wishlist.
Photo Source: Steam website
Other stories you may be interested in: