Finally, the beta version of the game client just received a major update that addresses the issues with the Steam controller. This update ensures that you will have a smoother experience when using the controller in-game and in menu selection.
The improvements are quite interesting as the update for the beta client allows you to create your own actions sets, setting button placements of your choice when using the Steam Controller. Not only that, you can save your custom action sets, assign names for easier access on your next login, and delete them if you want to replace or reconfigure it again. Users can now enjoy the controller?s mode shifts without the hassle and assign what triggers them. Valve has also supported their classic legacy games so users can also assign shifts for them.
The SteamVR has also been updated as well, though it hasn?t been big lately. Users who now have access to the Steam VR offers a more streamlined experience. They changed the VR keyboard?s URL entry for the more often used Big Picture mode as a fix. The jump list options have been modified as well, as the SteamVR tool is now given its own link in Library view. It is now going to auto-launch every time you finish updating and fix the scroll function for touch pads when the head mounted display is working.
Here are the other updates brought for the Steam Controller:
Credits to Steam for the list of updates.
- ????????Added New Controller Action binding types which will expand in the future with bindings that are not specific to the game, but rather higher level.
- ????????Added “Change Action Set” Binding
- ????????Added Show Keyboard Binding to display keyboard on screen
- ????????Added “Take Screenshot” Binding
- ????????Removed hard coded desktop keyboard shortcut (stick click) and replaced it with controller action binding in the default desktop configuration.
- ????????Fixed some cases of non-steam games not applying controller settings. Ensure that “Allow Launchers” option is off for this to take effect.
- ????????Fixed controllers not turning off on Suspend power mode in Desktop mode which could cause zombie controllers to be seen over wireless
- ????????Fixed Horizontal Invert setting not working on Mouse Joystick