EA is set to release the next Star Wars Battlefront later this year and the game is getting good reception so far based on what players have seen. Before the full launch of the title, the developer is readying a beta period for players to test out what the game has to offer. Here are the details about the Star Wars Battlefront 2 open beta.
Open Beta Details
The Star Wars Battlefront 2 open beta will begin on Oct. 6 and will last until Oct. 9, says EA. For those who’ve pre-ordered the game, they will get an early access to the Star Wars Battlefront 2 open beta on Oct. 4. The beta will be available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.
Aside from this early access to the open beta, those who pre-ordered will also get a few special bonuses content from Star Wars VIII: The Last Jedi:
- Exclusive Star Wars: The Last Jedi outfits for Kylo Ren and Rey
- Instant access to six hero and starfighter epic Star Cards
- Kylo Ren: Power Reach and Solid Freeze
- Rey: Far Sight and Deep Mind
- Starfighters: Enhanced Auxiliary Power and First Order ship upgrade
- Instant access to Star Wars: The Last Jedi Millennium Falcon with updated sounds and appearance.
The open beta will give players access to two modes: Galactic Assault and Starfighter Assault. Each of the modes will have one map in the beta. Galactic Assault will be played at Naboo. In Galactic Assault, players will be able to use four classes: Assault Troopers, Heavy Troopers, Officers, and Specialist. There will be heroes involved but we’ve yet to know who they are.
Starfighter Assault on the other hand will give players a hand at the ship combat. It’ll be fast-paced above anything else. We’ve yet to see which iconic Star Wars ships will be usable in the beta.