It’s about time some more classic Xbox games got the Original treatment. Where’s my Mechassault though? That’s probably the one and only game from Xbox that I’d want to get back to play on Live. Here’s the full release from Microsoft:
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory and Metal Arms Coming to Xbox Originals
On April 21st, 2008, you will be able to download and play Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, and Metal Arms: Glitch in the System on your Xbox 360.
Xbox Originals on Xbox LIVE Marketplace brings you original Xbox games to play on your Xbox 360. Relive your favorites or find games you missed the first time around.
Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
ESRB M (Mature – Blood, Strong Language, and Violence)
1200 Microsoft Points
(WW except for Korea)
Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Chaos Theory sends Sam Fisher on a perilous mission to stop a cyberterrorist plot that threatens worldwide war.
Also included is the cooperative multiplayer mode as well as the fan-favorite Spies versus Mercenaries mode that was introduced in Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow.
* Unprecedented realism: State of the art graphics and sound technology collide to produce the most breathtaking gaming experience on any console. Advanced physics modeling enables rag doll physics, particle effects, and seamlessly dynamic environments.
* Staggering replayability: Achieve primary and optional secondary objectives and negotiate missions with multiple pathways. Strive for ultimate stealth and rank yourself with the all-new post-mission statistics and scoring system.
* Tomorrow’s stealth arsenal: Inflict devastation on America’s enemies with the most advanced prototype weapons and gadgets, including electronic jammers and the newly customizable SC-20K modular weapons platform. Get up-close and personal with the vicious new combat knife.
* Deadly agility: Take command of an incredibly fluid and expanded variety of stealth maneuvers, including covert combat knife kills, crushing submission holds, and swift assault moves.
* Hunt or be hunted: Take on enemies with clever A.I. that enables them to flank your position, take cover, and remember past events.
* White-knuckle thrills: Unbearable, gut-wrenching moments of tension that will leave you gasping for air. A twisting story line in a world threatened by a new brand of warfare.
* Top-notch talent: World-class performances include Michael Ironside (reprising his role as Sam Fisher), electronica genius Amon Tobin (providing a driving, atmospheric soundtrack), and cinematics director Andy Davis (director of The Fugitive, Under Siege, and Collateral Damage).
* Cooperative stealth: Play the first-ever cooperative stealth action game. Coordinate infiltration missions with a partner against the A.I. over Xbox LIVE®, System Link, or split screen. Innovative joint strategies take teamwork to the next level.
* Award-winning Versus mode: The universally acclaimed Spies versus Mercenaries mode from Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow makes a triumphant return with all-new gadgets, cooperative moves, humiliation moves, and new multiplayer modes.
* Dynamic, evolving environments with elements like destructible walls and actionable triggers ensure that no two matches are ever the same.
* Exclusive features: Including downloadable content over Xbox LIVE. Extend your game with future releases of extra premium content.
Metal Arms – Glitch in the System
ESRB T (Teen – Strong Language and Violence)
1200 Microsoft Points
(WW Except Korea and Japan)
Blast your way to victory as Glitch, the gun-slinging, half-ton menacing bot of Droid City. Found as scrap metal, but transformed into destructive machinery, Glitch is determined to free his people from the evil clutches of General Corrosive and his maniacal army of Mil bots. Unleash a world of pain as you annihilate the General’s sinister plan to dominate the world and salvage the robot race in Metal Arms!
* Unique world of Iron Star: In a land inhabited by robots, it’s Glitch’s job to travel throughout the mechanical world of Iron Star and search for General Corrosive, experiencing more than forty missions including sneaking, sniping, non-stop shoot-’em-up action, and mini-games.
* Upgradeable weaponry: Many different and lethal weapons can be acquired and upgraded for more firepower.
* Possess your enemies: Use the Tether Gun to possess your enemies and make them do your bidding.
* Multiplayer: Pummel your pals with powerful ammo and devastating power-ups in three unique multiplayer modes including Death Match.
* Voice work of Dan Castellaneta: The master voice actor behind Homer Simpson, Castellaneta provides the voices of Agent Shhh, Krunk, and Hosed.
* Awards: Metal Arms was awarded Best Shooter Game of E3 2003, and received a 9/10 rating from OXM.