Since E3, the premier video game event that showcases announcements of new video game technologies, is just few weeks to go, rumors about the latest and the hippest things on the video game industry are also roaming around the rumorland. The news about the plans of Sony Computer Entertainment for PS4 is not an exception.
Rumors said that Sony will unveil the following titles at the E3, which will take place at the Los Angeles Convention Center on June 10-12:
- Uncharted PS4 3 Minute Trailer showcasing ?In-engine? footage interspersed with gameplay segments. Visuals are supposedly unprecedented and set a benchmark for console graphics. Summer 2015 release date. It looks absolutely stellar. Features tropical setting and differing time periods with Nate/Francis.
- Media Molecule?s new title will be a landmark title for Morpheus. 3D world building, beautiful, quirky visuals. Extremely creative and fun. Possibly related to the ?Entwined? trademark filed last week by SCE (not sure). Late 2015.
- Gran Turismo 6 is coming to PS4 as 1080p 60FPS repackaged title, in the vein of Gran Turismo 7: Prologue. Stunning visuals, extra features (social connectivity, new tracks, dlc etc). Coming mid-late 2015.
- God of War 4 teaser will be present ? will be CG with snippets of in-engine footage. A little early for reveal, but is designed to offset negativity surrounding canceled new IP, and generate excitement ? also to partially offset CG announce of Gears of War at Microsoft presser. Late 2015. Date won?t be announced.
- Kill Strain trademark is related to Syphon Filter reboot for PS4. Sony Bend working on revamping the franchise. Stealth, beautiful visuals and a possible Winter 2014 title. Bend finally getting to join the big boys.
- Wipeout is also making the transition to PS4. Source is unsure of who is developing it, but hints that it could be Sony London, Evolution, or Firesprite.
- Quantic Dream has a trailer prepared ? unsure whether it is penciled in for Gamescom or E3. Sony will be watching Microsoft?s presser earlier in the day to gauge whether additional titles will need to be slotted in to dampen hype. Expect Dark Sorcerer- like visuals in real time. Off-topic, but still relevant ? they are close to a deal to become a Worldwide Studios developer, along with Ready At Dawn.
- Speaking of Ready At Dawn, The Order: 1886 will get a stage demo. Big title for Fall 2014. Sony is expecting great things from said title ? franchise hopes rest on its performance.
- Ninja Theory working on a PS4 exclusive ? possible Heavenly Sword sequel, which was shelved a number of years ago. Quite far into development.
- Sony London will be at E3. First AAA title in many years. 3rd person title. Gorgeous. They?re back with a bang,
- Guerrilla Games bringing their RPG to E3. Provocative setting ? very interesting. Insane visuals as usual. A good reaction to the title is expected. Will please the hardcore.
- Sucker Punch busy at work on an inFAMOUS: Second Son DLC. Really cool. New powers. Possible new setting. E3 debut.
- Sony Japan Studios debuting two, maybe even three titles. Project Beast ? spiritual successor to Demon Souls. The other is The Last Guardian. Retooled for PS4, possible Winter 2014 title. The Other title is shrouded in secrecy.
- Evolution will give Driveclub some time in the limelight. It?s shaping up to be incredible with jaw-dropping visuals. Demo release will be timed with the press conference.
Moreover, rumors said that there will be titles to be announced for the Instant Game Collection, one on the Sony Entertainment Network, a segment on Project Morpheus, and a re-introduction of PlayStation Now.
Also, reports also said that there will be a price reduction for PS3 and PS Vita, to be unveiled at E3.
DualShockers said that the above information came from a contact within Sony?s worldwide studios and a further contact at the BBH New York marketing firm, which works with Sony for part of its promotion.
(Photo courtesy of http://us.playstation.com/ps4/index.htm)