The Sims team is reaching out to its fans to help them create a new stuff pack for The Sims 4. In an update from The Sims’ website, Simguru Graham announced a “partnership” between the game developers at Maxis and the Simmers.
The call for help, which came in the form of a survey, started on April 3, and will continue until April 6. But Simmers should understand that the survey takes place on different dates, which corresponds to different topics.
- Theme Vote (April 3-April 6) – overall them for the pack
- Art Style Vote (April 10-April 12) – proposed art styles will guide concept artists on the objects and clothing they create
- Objects and Clothing Vote (May 18-May 21) – after the team designs the concept created in the Art Style section, Simmers will then be asked to pick their top choices. This will determine which items will be included in the new pack.
- Feature Vote (June 23-June 26) – Simmers can choose the top gameplay features they desire to be included in the pack
- Pack Icon Vote (Fall) – this is more for the packaging of the stuff pack. Simmers will be asked to choose which icon would appear in the pack’s box art.
- Pack Title Vote (Fall) – Simmers can then choose which title suits the new pack best.
“The entire development of this new Stuff Pack will give you a transparent look into how Maxis works together to make new experiences for your Sims. Not only will your votes help determine what we create, but we’ll also be sharing in-depth information about our progress throughout the development process,” Simguru Graham wrote.
“We’ll show you images and videos of the Stuff Pack throughout development, so you can see what we see when we’re building the game. You’ll have a window into our process, be it an inside look at the meetings we hold, to gaining insight into how we respond to unexpected challenges. Along the way you’re going to meet other developers on our team, and learn about what they contribute.”
According to the survey, there are five possible themes for the next pack namely: Eco Living Stuff, Starter Home Stuff, Arcade Stuff, Dangerous Stuff, and Wedding Stuff. If you want to take part in the survey, you can go through this link.
What about you, what new stuff pack and features would you like to see from The Sims 4? Let us know in the comments section below. Keep it here at TheBitbag for updates on The Sims 4.