Technology has definitely improved our lives. Let?s face it, we can?t live without it anymore. We use it in almost every aspect of our lives. It makes our lives easier and more convenient.
But if there?s another thing that convenience brings us, it’s inconvenience.
There are two sides to everything, so they say. The same goes with technology. While it may bring us countless benefits, it may also give us certain disadvantages if not used with caution. Cyber crimes are rampant nowadays and we will lose a lot if we are not extra careful with our electronics.
One cyber crime that is most infamous today is hacking.
Hacking is basically using a computer to gain unauthorized access to data in a system. Sadly, hackers do not only hack into computers nowadays. They can also hack into your phones. This a serious matter that needs attention because while hacking may destroy your gadget, it can also have access to the personal information you keep in your phone.
Here are some of the ways you can safeguard your phone from hackers:
- Never leave your phone unattended in a public place. Theft is usual in public places, but remember that once they have your phone, they also have whatever data you stored in there.
- Do not use or connect to unprotected Bluetooth networks. Turn off your Bluetooth service when you are not using it.
- If you are fond of using your phone as a planner or storage of the notes you keep, download and use a protected app to store your personal and important information. But it is always better to not just store any important information like credit card numbers or pin numbers on your phone.
- Never use simple passwords. Do not resort to using 123456 or abccdefg. Simple passwords are what hackers start off with in getting into their targets.
- Regularly delete your browsing history. Clear your cache and cookies. This will remove your virtual footprint.
- Avoid accessing important accounts like bank accounts using unprotected and unsecured connections like a public Wi-Fi.
- If you are using an iPhone, enable Find my iPhone in your settings so that if you lose it, you can easily locate it before hackers get their hands on it.
- Download and use security apps to increase protection. There are several apps on the market that provides antivirus protection and allow you to remotely locate, lock up and wipe your phone whenever you lose it.
- Do not use the same password for all your mobile accounts. This may be confusing, but this will certainly prevent hackers from getting into all of your accounts.
- Update your phone?s password as often as possible.
Using these tips will not guarantee ?that your phone will never be hacked, but ?prevention is better than cure?, right? It never hurts to adopt a proactive protection mindset. Better be safe than sorry.