Samsung has released a software update for Samsung Gear 2 that brings stability enhancements and improvements to S Health.
The update, which comes in the form of version 18.104.22.168 is expected to give users an amazing experience. The update has a size of around 20 MB, and introduces Blocking Mode, which ?would allow users to mute all notifications on the device whenever they want it.
?Blocking Mode can either be active all the time, or you can set it to enable when you?re sleeping, which should tie in nicely with the sleep monitoring feature on the Gear 2.?
Samsung Gear 2 along with Gear 2 Neo was unveiled at the Mobile Congress last February 22, 2014. The Gear 2 line is a successor to the Samsung Galaxy Gear, however, it runs the Samsung-developed Tizen operating system instead of Android but without compromising the functionality and hardware design.
On hardware, Gear 2 comes with the same hardware design like the original Galaxy Gear. However, Gear 2 has this Home button added below the screen plus the device’s 2MP camera was moved to the top of the watch’s unit in order to provide space for the strap. Also, it carries an infrared blaster.
GEAR 2 ? PRODUCT DETAILS
- Developer: Samsung Electronics
- Product family: Gear Type: Smartwatch Release date: April 11, 2014
- Operating system: Tizen System-on-chip used: Exynos 3250 CPU: 1.0 GHz dual-core
- Memory: 512 MB
- Storage: 4 GB
- Display: 1.63 in (41 mm) Super AMOLED with RGB matrix 320?320 pixels (1:1 Aspect ratio)
- Camera: 2 MP, BSI, 720p video recording
- Connectivity: Bluetooth low energy, Infrared
- Online services: Samsung Apps
- Predecessor: Samsung Galaxy Gear
Meanwhile, there are rumors that Samsung is working on new Gear smartwatches – Gear Solo which they said would come with its own SIM card. Also, Samsung fans are also expecting ?a new Samsung Gear 3 along with the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 this year.
The Samsung Gear 2 update is available for download through the Gear Manager app.
(Photos courtesy of http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/gear/gear2_features.html)