Spirit ROM for Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 delivers Android 4.4.2 KitKat default goodies plus add-ons to let users control the LCD density and built-in screen recorder which can be difficult to find.
It is based on Android 4.4.2 KitKat which adds tweaks from SlimROMs, personalisation options, LCD Screen Density Changer and a built-in screen recorder. Additionally, it also brings the following changes to the smartphone:
-????????? Customisable clock and date
-????????? Customisable navigation bar and ring
-????????? Customisable battery icon
-????????? Multiple gesture controls
-????????? Lock screen colours and image
-????????? Fully customisable animations
-????????? Lock screen blur
- Flash this firmware to the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 International model only.
- Create a manual backup all data files and system settings on your smartphone.
- Battery level must be at least 50 per cent.
- Enable USB debugging mode on the smartphone. Go to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
- Root your Galaxy S2 and install a custom recovery such as ClockworkMod recovery.
- Download the required USB drivers for Galaxy S2 on your computer. You may use the Samsung Kies PC Suite to install the drivers by plugging the device when the program is active.
- Download the Spirit ROM Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware and the Google Apps package to your computer.
Warning: The BitBag is not responsible for any errors which may occur on your Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 smartphone. Spirit ROM is a customised firmware that requires manual installation. Read and follow the instructions properly to prevent damaging the device. Do this at your own risk.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 to the computer using a USB cable.
- Copy and paste the Spirit ROM Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware and the Google Apps package to the microSD card of the smartphone. No need to extract the zip files.
- Disconnect the smartphone from your computer then turn it off.
- Reboot the smartphone into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up, Home and Power keys at the same time. Navigate using the volume keys and select options using the power key.
- Inside the Recovery Mode, create a nAndroid backup of the current ROM. Select ?backup and restore > backup? to save a copy of the ROM. You can use ?restore? to revert back to the saved ROM.
- Perform a full wipe on the device by selecting ?wipe data/factory reset? and ?wipe cache partition? then select ?advanced > wipe Dalvik cache.?
- Install the Spirit ROM Android 4.4.2 KitKat by selecting ?install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card > select for the firmware > confirm installation.? Apply the same with the Google Apps package.
- After the installation, go back to the main menu and select ?reboot system now.? It may take at least five minutes before the device reaches the home screen.
In order to avoid boot loops, make sure to perform a full wipe inside the Recovery Mode.
Photo Source: Samsung