New CyanogenMod 11 Android 4.4.2 KitKat was released on May 14 for Samsung Galaxy S Advance which contains fix on ?InCallUI? crash, improvements on theme engine and patches for experimental multimedia issues.
New CyanogenMod 11 Release
In addition to the latest change logs for multimedia issue fixes, crash resolution and theme engine improvements, CyanogenMod 11 for Galaxy S Advance continues to deliver 2D/3D hardware acceleration, CPU sleep mode, triple buffering, YouTube high quality, offline charging and various personalisation tweaks.
- You must create a manual backup of files and settings currently stored on your Samsung Galaxy S Advance.
- The battery level should be at least 50 per cent or you may suffer consequences from power interrupted installation.
- Enable USB debugging mode on the smartphone. Go to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
- Root your Samsung Galaxy S Advance to install the custom ROM. You may use the stock recovery mode for this CM 11 firmware.
- Download the USB drivers for Galaxy S Advance on your computer. Using Samsung Kies PC Suite will also install the necessary USB drivers on the computer.
- Download the CyanogenMod 11 Android 4.4 KitKat firmware and the Google Apps package to your computer.
Warning: The BitBag is not responsible for damages which may occur on your Galaxy S Advance. CyanogenMod 11 requires manual installation and may brick your device if done improperly. Read and follow the instructions to prevent any errors to happen. Do this at your own risk.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S Advance to the computer using a USB cable.
- Copy and paste the CyanogenMod Android 4.4 KitKat ROM and the Google Apps package to the microSD card of your Galaxy S Advance. Never extract any of the zip files.
- Disconnect the smartphone from your computer and turn it off.
- Reboot the device into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons at the same time. You can use both the stock and custom recovery for this firmware.
- In the Recovery Mode, create an Android backup of the current ROM. Select ?backup and restore > backup? to save a copy on the SD card. You can restore this using the same method anytime.
- Install the CyanogenMod 11 by selecting ?install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card > search the firmware file inside the microSD card > confirm its installation.? Apply the same with the Google Apps package.
- After the installation, you need to perform a full wipe on the device by selecting ?wipe data/factory reset? and ?wipe cache partition? then select ?advanced > wipe Dalvik cache.?
- Once you have finished the installation and wiping, go back to the main menu and select ?reboot system now.? It may take up to five minutes before the smartphone reaches the home screen.
In case your Galaxy S Advance ends up with a boot loop, remove and reinsert the battery then reboot into recovery mode. Perform a full wipe as instructed above to resolve the boot loop issue.
If you found any bugs or errors, kindly send your feedback to Maclaw Studios original thread.
Photo Source: Samsung