With Rock Band 4 releasing today, Harmonix is happy to announce that the Legacy DLCs are also available.
Rock Band 4 for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will be available today and a good way to celebrate it is to have some of your old Legacy DLC songs available for the newest game. That?s right, Harmonix is giving a special treat for the long-time Rock Band owners as they announced it on their website. Take note that you can only re-download the DLC within each console family, so your DLCs from your PlayStation 3 will work in PlayStation 4 but not in Xbox One.
There is also a tricky part: you have to re-download the DLCs individually in order to play them, this is due to the 1st-party restrictions for both Sony and Microsoft, so there won?t be any batch downloads for your Legacy DLCs.
How to re-download your Rock Band DLC on Xbox One:
- Turn on your Xbox One.
- Sign in to the Xbox Live Gamertag that you originally purchased your legacy Rock Band DLC on.
- Navigate to the Xbox Live Marketplace titled “Store”.
- Select “Search”.
- Search for “Rock Band 4”.
- You will see multiple products for the title. Select the game “Rock Band 4”.
- Navigate to “Add-Ons” and select the ellipses (the big “…” at the bottom of the featured Add-Ons) to view all Add-Ons.
- Select the individual Add-On you want to download. There will be a monetary value on an individual Add-On if you did not previously purchase the product. If you purchased it previously, select “Install”.
- The download should automatically begin. Once completed, you should see that where the “Install” prompt used to be on this individual Add-On, it will now say “Installed”.
- There will be no update to notify you that this content has completed downloading. There is no visible way to confirm if your DLC has been installed to your console until you first launch Rock Band 4 on that console. The content should be on your hard drive, but will remain invisible until you first play Rock Band 4.
- Repeat step eight for as many Add-Ons as you would like downloaded to your console.
And for the PS4 version:
- Turn on your PS4.
- Sign in to the PlayStation Network ID that you originally purchased your legacy Rock Band DLC on.
- Navigate to the PlayStation Store.
- Under Search, type in “Rock Band 4” and select the “Rock Band 4” Game.
- Navigate to “Add-Ons”.
- Select “View All”.
- From here, you can do one of two things.
- Filter the list to see ONLY “Free” Add-Ons.
- Sort Price by “Low-to-High”.
- You should see individual DLC tracks come up as “Purchased”. These are the entitlements that you are able to re-download based on your account’s purchase history.
- Select the individual Add-On you want to download and select “Download”.
- The download should automatically begin and be added to your PS4 Downloads. Once completed, you should see that where the “Download” prompt used to be on this individual Add-On, it will now say “Installed”.
- You can always check your download history by navigating to Notifications –> Downloads from the PS4 Main Menu!
- Repeat step nine for as many Add-Ons as you would like downloaded to your console.
All of the DLC songs cost at $1.99 each, including previous Legacy DLCs and future DLC songs. Rock Band 6 will be available today for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.