Apparently, the Resident Evil 7 PC system requirements have?been released. Capcom has mysteriously updated the Steam page of the game quietly. For those who are curious if their computer can run the game, read below.
Resident Evil 7 Minimum System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 74-Bit
- CPU: AMD FX-6300 or Intel Core i5-4460 or better
- GPU: AMD Radeon R7 260X or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
- DirectX Version: 11
- Additional Notes: 1080P GPU/CPU at 30FPS Players will have to either lower textures or set streaming textures to OFF in order to optimize performance. *Internet connection required for game activation. The game is still undergoing development, so all PC requirements are subject to change without prior notice.
Resident Evil 7 Recommended System Requirements
- Operating System: 7, 8, 8.1, 10 64-Bit
- CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 3.4GHz or AMD Equivalent or better
- GPU: AMD Radeon R9 280X or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 or better
- DirectX Version: 11
- Additional Notes: *1080P GPU/CPU at 60FPS. And again, an internet connection is required to activate the game.
Capcom has made an excellent job of clarifying what the minimum requirement means. However, it is clear that the minimum it can output is 1080p image. But Capcom didn?t say anything about supporting lower resolutions.
Resident Evil Games PC Ports
Capcom has also made an excellent job of optimizing PC ports of their games lately. Even the Resident Evil 6, which was hated deeply, runs smoothly on PC. The game even supports split-screen.
Furthermore, Resident Evil 7 doesn?t seem to be very demanding. Apparently, recommended CPU requirement is an old i7-3770 from 3rd Generation. On the other hand, the game also asks for 8GB of RAM, which is easy and cheap to come by.
Apparently, the GPU requirements are also not that high. Hence, GPU requires a mid-range card from both AMD and NVIDIA. Furthermore, recommended requirements are said to maintain 60FPS and that?s very good.
Hopefully, the release of system requirements indicates an upcoming demo release on PC. On the other hand, Resident Evil 7 is set to release on January 24, 2017.
What do you think about the Resident Evil 7 system requirements. Do let us know your thoughts by adding comments below.