New details have emerged revealing how Prince?s death may have been seemingly caused by mislabeled pills. The powerful drugs were found on the ?Purple Rain? singer?s famous Paisley Park estate in Chanhassen, Minnesota.
According to an anonymous investigator, the tablets that were falsely labelled as ?Watson 385? actually contained fentanyl. This is a synthetic opioid that is 50 times more powerful than heroin.
The pills were found at a dressing room inside the estate. Several were also contained in bottles of Vitamin C and aspirin inside suitcases and bags that the singer often used.
The investigator added that they analyzed around 20 different bottles or pill containers.
Investigators said the musician did not have a prescription for any controlled substances in the state of Minnesota within 12 months before his passing.
The development regarding the mislabeled pills was first reported by Star Tribune last weekend. Officials are still investigating how Prince obtained the drugs. There is also no information if they were intentionally mislabeled.
Fentanyl has been causing drug overdose deaths in different parts of America. It is unlikely for users to know if they are taking fentanyl if they have been made into counterfeit pills tablets. This increases the risk of a fatal overdose.
Most of the pills that were found in Prince?s Paisley Park estate were with him on April 15. This was when he got ill while onboard an aircraft that had to make an emergency stop in Moline, Illinois. He was on his way home from performing in Atlanta.
The singer was reportedly given two doses of Narcan, which is an antidote used to reverse suspected opioid overdoses.
For updates on this story, keep following TheBitBag.