Niantic Lab recently released a new patch for their mobile hit-game Pokemon GO. With a lot of bugs it fixes, some gamers are wondering what the pink paws mean. Here are the things that you need to know about the new feature as well as the other inclusions in the update.
Firstly, the pink paw icon only appears for people who are part of a special subset that is given the chance to test a new enhanced Nearby feature in the game. For these players, they are going to see a pink icon with three paws on it, which will help them locate the Pokemon they are tracking under the ?Nearby? section.
Also, these Pokemons are all at Pokestops, so the pink paws will certainly help you get there. Another thing that you need to know about the feature is that the number of paws would not change even if you got closer to your target. According to some who have tested the feature, the pink paw icon can detect Pokemon from around the corner to about three city blocks away.
Speaking of the Nearby feature, the update in Pokemon GO replaced it with Sightings. It can be recalled that Nearby feature will indicate if there are any Pokemon in the vicinity. Sightings, on the other hand, it will highlight which creatures are in the area, and they will remain on your Sightings screen as you get closer, but will vanish if you have moved too far.
Through this Sighting feature, it would make tracking a Pokemon a bit easier without revealing their exact locations. Aside from the two new features mentioned above, here are the other things included in the patch as listed on the official Niantic website:
- Added a dialog to remind the Trainers that they should not play while traveling above a certain speed. Trainers must confirm they are not driving in order to continue playing.
- Made improvements to the accuracy of a curveball throw.
- Fixed a bug that prevented ?Nice,? ?Great,? and ?Excellent? Poke Ball throws from awarding the appropriate XP bonuses.
- Fixed achievements showing incorrect Medal icons.
- Enabled the ability for Trainers to change their nickname one time. Please choose your nickname wisely.
- Resolved issues with the battery saver mode on iOS and re-enabled the feature.
- Added visuals of Team Leaders Candela, Blanche, and Spark.
- We?re currently testing a variation of the ?Nearby Pokemon? feature with a subset of users. During this period, you may see some variation in the nearby Pokemon UI.
- Minor text fixes.
There you have it! Information about the latest patch of Pokemon GO. Do you think the pink paw icon will be a great help to gamers? Will the Sightings feature become more reliable than the previous Nearby feature? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.