A Pokemon GO holiday event rolled out worldwide over the weekend and players are clamoring for Niantic?s limited-time deals. With the first installment from December 25 underway, speculations have surfaced about what we can expect from the December 30 offer.
Trainers from all over the globe have been getting their hands on the in-game gift boxes released last Christmas day. It will be available for players of the popular augmented reality game until January 3.
The Pokemon GO Holiday event offers Ultra, Great, and Special?boxes. There is also an increased hatch rate for the first Generation 2 Pokemons. Everyday, there is an offer for free single-use incubators.
Phase 2 of the Pokemon GO Holiday Event
Niantic announced the holiday event?s second phase in their official Pokemon GO blog. It will reportedly start on December 30 and run until on January 8.
Related: Pokemon GO Update 1.21.2 For iOS
More details about the Pokemon GO Holiday Event on December 30
Aside from these, there are several Reddit discussions among players about what they hope to see next.
One speculation that stood out came from a user named One Weird Globe from Canada. He detailed the following in the now-viral post:
- Special box = 250 = 10GB (Great Ball) + 2EI (Egg Incubator)
- Great box = 550 = 20GB + 4EI + 2I (Incense)
- Ultra box = 1500 = 20 UB (Ultra Ball)+ 6EI + 25I
The user then went on to assume the following:
- GB (Great Ball) = 20
- EI (Egg Incubator) = 25 (normally 150 ? an ~83% discount)
- I (Incense) = 25 (normally 80 ? a ~69% discount)
The user concluded the following based on a?25-coin price for incubators and incense:
- Ultra box = 1500 = 20 UB + 6EI + 25I
- Ultra box = 1500 = 20 UB + (625) + (2525)
- Ultra box = 1500 = 20 UB + 150 + 625
- Ultra box = 1500 = 20 UB + 775
- Ultra box = 1500 – 775 = 20 UB
- Ultra box = 725 = 20 UB
- Ultra Ball = 36.25
For the newest boxes, he detailed:
- Bronze Box = 460
- Silver Box = 980
- Gold Box = 2480
Keep following TheBitBag for updates on?the?Pokemon GO holiday event.