Soccer/Football fans rejoice, as the PES 2018 release date has been leaked and might come out later this year. PES or Pro Evolution Soccer has been praised for it’s innovative and fun gameplay, usually giving FIFA some stiff competition. While there aren’t too many details yet, the few that are known should make fans of the sport very happy.
True Achievements datamined the Xbox Store and discovered that the game comes out on September 12 for the Americas and September 14 for other regions. While the website acknowledged that it could be a placeholder, having two different release dates makes it slightly more believable. Either way, fans can expect seeing their favorite Soccer simulator this year, with some much needed improvements fans will appreciate.
Seems like the PES 2018 release date is legitimate, with some special editions also revealed. A basic pre-order bundle has been confirmed, as well as a Barcelona Edition of the game, which adds more bonuses. This makes sense, since PES managed to get the rights to use the likeness of the official Barcelona team.
Pre-orders for games like this are nothing new, so only hardcore fans of the sport should consider getting them. Still, the extras for MyClub and more might be appealing enough, though only Australia has the option at the moment. Expect this to be fixed once the game is formally announced around the world, which everyone is waiting for.
While fans question the legitimacy of the PES 2018 release date, the leak does have some interesting new gameplay details. It seems like the developers have been listening to various complaints from fans from previous iterations of the hit franchise. Longtime fans will definitely appreciate the various improvements made for this year’s game, even if they’re a bit minor.
- Gameplay Masterclass – Strategic Dribbling, Real Touch+ and new set pieces take the unrivalled gameplay to the next level
- Presentation Overhaul – New menus and real player images
- PES League Integration – Compete with PES League in new modes including myClub
- Online Co-op – A mode dedicated to co-op play is newly added
- Random Selection Match – Fan favourite returns with new presentation and features
- Master League Upgrade – New pre-season tournaments, improved transfer system, presentations and functionality
- Enhanced Visual Reality – New lighting, reworked player models and animations covering everything from facial expressions to body movement to bring the game to life.