The latest office application from Microsoft is now here, and we got the details.
Today is the worldwide release of the Office 2016 for Windows, it aims to deliver a new milestone for Office 365 subscribers with more focus on collaboration, better security features and a perfect pairing for your Windows 10 operating system. Aside from the Windows version, there will be a Mac version available as a one-time purchase option, along with new and improved Office 365 services.
Here are some features that are introduced to Office 2016:
- Real-time co-authoring ? with this feature, this lets you see what others are writing in real-time, which lets you coordinate with your co-author for any revisions.
- Skype for Business ? You can now IM, screen share and talk thru video chat right in your docs with the Skype for Business feature on Office Online.
- Office 365 Groups ? This allows you to create private or public teams where you can share your inbox, calendar, cloud storage and shared OneNote notebook to have a much productive team.
- Office 365 Planner ? This allows to organize work for teams, with the ability to create new plans, organizing and assigning new tasks and update status.
- Better Outlook ? the new Outlook 2016 will provide the smartest inbox with lightning fast search and will remove low priority email.
- New updates on OneDrive for Business ? the next generation syn client for both Windows and Mac, allows improved reliability and selective sync with increased file size and volume limits.
- Windows Hello integration ? With Windows Hello, you can sign in to your PC and Office 206 with a simple look or touch.
- Office Mobile Apps Continuum ? with your Windows phone, your phone can now act as a desktop where it allows you to create, edit your presentations and documents from your phone to a monitor.