Nokia X : ?12 FAQs – No Kitkat,Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Play, Nokia Here Maps etc..
When we first heard about the Nokia X (then codenamed: Normandy), we were all surprised to hear that the very first Nokia Android unit would not be running a modified stock Android system. We wondered whether building their very own platform (albeit using the Android as a cornerstone) and having their own app store will be more of a plus than a fail for this Microsoft / Nokia venture. ( Read our earlier post on ?Nokia to launch Android ?Normandy? Phone & App Store in MWC? https://www.thebitbag.com/nokia-to-launch-android-normandy-phone-app-store-in-mwc/69939 )
Well, we can now decide for ourselves if the Nokia X is doing the Nokia brand as well as Android fans justice. Here is a very quick FAQ on the Nokia X:
- Will Nokia X have the Android 4.4 Kitkat? ? No. Nokia X has a recreated and re-imagined Android system (Nokia X Platform version 1), so you won’t ?relax? and find the Kitkat taste or flavor in it. But it can use Android apps.
- Where can we download apps for Nokia X? – Aside from the Nokia Store, you can also download apps from Amazon App Store, Aptoid and other Android app portals.
- Where can I buy the Nokia X? – Although Nokia did not specify, it is expected that it will be available all over the world, except in….North Korea, Korea, and Japan.
- Ho w much will the Nokia X cost? – The price will be approximately US$ 123 Dollars (or 89 Euro).
- Can I multitask in the Nokia X? – Although different from other Android UIs, the ?Fastlane? app would allow you to do so.
- Can the Nokia X use external apps? – Yes, as long as they have the .apk format.
- What powers the Nokia X? – The Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Play Processor. The Nokia X platform comes from a tweaked Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean operating system. It contains 512 MB of RAM.
- Can I take screenshots with a Nokia X? – Yes, press the volume button down and power key at the same time. A screenshot will be saved in the Gallery with a separate folder for screenshots.
- Is the battery of the Nokia X built in or removable? – It is removable via a back cover. Comes in handy in rebooting the phone or other problems.
- What Kind of SIM does the Nokia X use? – It uses a MicroSIM. It is also a dual SIM phone (e.g. it has 2 slots for SIM cards).
- Can the Nokia X make video calls via Skype? – Yes, but without a front camera, it might be inconvenient showing yourself (with the back camera) and not seeing the person you are talking to.
- Will I be able to use Google Maps in the Nokia X? – Yes, but you don’t need to. The Nokia Here Maps is awesome and better than Google Maps (in a way) as you can use it offline.
So there you are. A dozen questions answered, to help you decide if the Nokia X makes the grade.
What do you think?
Photo Source: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nokia-X/731850293513740