Recently, the achievements for Hello Games? No Man?s Sky were leaked. Most of the achievements don?t reveal much of the game?s content, and they can be obtained through regular playthrough. Will No Man?s Sky be an easy Platinum grab for game completionists?
- Total Perspective Vortex ? Get all the No Man?s Sky trophies, Platinum
- A Scanner Darkly ? Attain ?Naturalist? status in Uploaded Discoveries, Bronze
- Babel-17 ? Attain ?Confused? status in Words Collected, Bronze
- Contact ? Attain ?Known status in Alien Colonist Encounters, Bronze
- Foundation ? Attain ?Entrepreneur? status in Most Units Accrued, Bronze
- The Stars, Like Dust ? Attain ?Trailblazer? status in Space Exploration, Bronze
- Use of Weapons ? Attain ?Novice? status in Ships Destroyed, Bronze
- The Star Beast ? Attain ?Archivist in Uploaded Discoveries, Silver
- The Languages of Pao ? Attain ?Interpreter? status in Words Colelcted, Silver
- Who Goes There? ? Attain ?Diplomat? status in Alien Colonist Encounters, Silver
- The Space Merchants ? Attain ?Trader? status in Most Units Accrued, Silver
- The Longest Voyage ? Attain ?Pioneer? status in Space Exploration, Silver
- Pattern for Conquest ? Attain ?Notorious? status in Ships Destroyed, Silver
- Stranger in a Strange Land ? Attain ?Robust? status in Longest Lifespan, Silver
- Symphony For A Lost Traveler ? Attain ?Nomad? status in On-foot Exploration, Silver
- Galapagos ? Attain ?Encyclopedia? status in Uploaded Discoveries, Gold
- Citizen of the Galaxy ? Attain ?Babelfish? status in Words Collected, Gold
- What Mad Universe ? Attain ?Ambassador? status in Alien Colonist Encounters, Gold
- The Diamond Age ? Attain ?Magnate status in Most Units Accrued, Gold
- A Space Odyssey ? Attain ?Discoverer? status in Space Exploration, Gold
- The Forever War ? Attain ?Legend? status in Ships Destroyed, Gold
- The Sentinel ? Attain ?Everlasting? status in Longest Lifespan, Gold
- Have Spacesuit ?Will Travel ? Attain ?Adventurer? status in On-foot Exploration, Gold
The achievements will only be awarded if the player chooses to progress in the game?s systems. It?s possible that players that are too focused on enjoying the game may easily land on that Platinum.
Completionists may easily plow through these achievements by devising focused progression tactics. Casual No Man?s Sky players shouldn?t be too scared about the road to this game?s Platinum trophy as the achievements don?t require precision effort; you just need to spend a lot of time playing the game. Just make sure to exhaust the game?s systems and you?ll definitely land that No Man?s Sky Platinum trophy eventually.
In hindsight, progressing through the game may be enough of a reward as the developers has confirmed that players won?t be able to exhaust the game?s content. The 18 quintillion accessible planets in the game is too many to discover even in a year. If an achievement can only be triggered through unique discoveries, players who start late or get spawned on discovered areas may never attain the game?s Platinum award.
Additionally, the game?s procedurally generated content may even cause impossible scenarios for some players as there?s a chance that they?ll never find a planet or an undiscovered one on their own. Hello Games may have acknowledged these margins of error in the game?s systems and just kept them simple for every player to enjoy.
Additionally, the No Man?s Sky trophy list don?t spoil anything about the game. The achievements only serve as proof of progressing in the game?s systems, but the difficulty of such achievements was not revealed. Players would have to discover the difficulty of attaining the achievements once the game comes out this August 9 on PS4 and August 12 on PC.