The battle between two of the most famous bloodline limit (or Kekkei Genkai) in Naruto Shippuden, the Sharingan (Uchiha Clan) and Byakugan (Hyuga Clan)
Many fans of Naruto Shippuden have probably thought or imagined a scenario where two Dojutsu users, Byakugan and Sharingan, are going head-to-head against each other. On this article, we will briefly talk about this hypothetical battle and see who will win based on the facts and abilities of the Dojutsu, or Kekkei Genkai.
(Note: On this hypothetical battle, the Sharingan we will be using is the normal one, three tomoe Sharingan or also known as the fully matured Sharingan)
Naruto Shippuden brief Sharingan facts
- This Dojutsu, or eye technique, can grant its user the ability to copy his/her enemy?s jutsus, whether they are a ninjutsu, taijutsu or genjutsu.
- Not just copying of skills, the user can also use the eye technique to analyze his/her opponent?s movement and predict them with high accuracy.
- The Sharingan can also see chakra flows by differentiating them by their color.
- Sharingan users can also tell if his/her comrade is under a genjutsu spell.
- Another notable fact that must take in mind is that, the sharingan can grant its user clarity of perception against genjutsu.
Naruto Shippuden brief Byakugan facts
For the Byakugan, these are the facts that were posted on another wikia page of the show:
- Almost complete 360? field of view once activated. Ideal for defensive tactics and a huge advantage against ambushes.
- The field of vision can be extended to as far as 10 Kilometers.
- Once the user activates this Dojutsu, his/her vision can penetrate through all solid objects and almost all types of barriers.
- Not just solid objects and barriers, the Byakugan can also see the opponent?s chakra flow and circulatory system.
- As stated on that page, the Byakugan can also follow high-speed movement pretty much like the Sharingan.
Conclusion for the Sharingan VS Byakugan Kekkei Genkai fight in Naruto Shippuden
Based on these facts, both two Dojutsus have almost similar characteristics and it is quite hard to conclude who will win. But for the sake of this hypothetical battle, a normal, fully matured Sharingan user will definitely win this fight.
A brief explanation as for why, the user has a library of jutsu inside his brain (or eye rather) and he can use them anytime he wants. Pretty much like what happened to the fight between Kakashi VS Naruto and Sakura in Naruto Shippuden. He used different elements to fight them like water, earth and water. If he is a normal jounin, he will only have access to a single element but because of the Sharingan, he can fully use different elements that he had seen during his other fights in the past.
However, this doesn?t mean that the Byakugan doesn?t have a chance to win. As what other people say, ?The Best Defense is a Good Offense?. For reconnaissance, the Byakugan will certainly be the most ideal jutsu/Kekkei Genkai to use but during an all-out battle, Sharingan is hands down, the winner.
Image Source Wikimedia Commons
By Drawingblank2014 (Own work) [CC BY-SA 4.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)], via Wikimedia Commons