Here’s a quick guide on how to fix the black screen or blank page issue on Mozilla Firefox.
Recent update of Mozilla Firefox was a huge disappointment for some people. I have experienced the problem first-hand and I was close to the point of uninstalling the browser because of this problem.
As explained on their help page, the black screen or blank page problem of Firefox 33 was caused by their new feature called Off Main Thread Compositing (OMTC). Ironically, this should make loading pages much faster than before but apparently, this feature offered more frustration than a solution.
But before you decide to uninstall this browser, you can still fix this issue and it is surprisingly easy, I have tried it and I can assure everyone that it works.
Mozilla Firefox black screen, blank page or page without any fonts fix
Mozilla Firefox?s recent update was headache inducing and might make you disappointed. Even though it?is the second most popular browser, tit is still vulnerable to minor and major glitches and bugs within their system. Luckily, there?s a fix for the current issue with Mozilla Firefox black screen, blank page or page without fonts, as posted on their support page.
- If you are having trouble with the most recent Firefox update, blank page, then the first step you must do is open your browser through safe viewing or safe mode. Hold the shift key first before you click the Firefox shortcut icon on your desktop.
- After you?ve done that, you will get prompted if you want to start the browser in safe mode or use them. Choose to go on safe mode.
- Chances are, when you are in safe mode, you will be able to see everything back to normal again. Though it can be a major inconvenience to constantly hold shift when you want to use this browser. So to fix this issue on the normal viewing mode, please proceed to the next step.
- While on safe viewing mode, open the menu by clicking the three lines on the top-right corner.
- Go to Options and head to the Advanced tab
- From the Advanced tab, look for the ?Use hardware acceleration when available?.
- Once you have found it, tick the box (uncheck it) and restart the browser normally. That should fix your problem and now, you view Mozilla Firefox again like you used to do pre-update.
I hope this guide helped you on your issue with Mozilla Firefox blank page problem.
Image credits Mozilla Firefox, image cap by Author