Moto X subscribers and owners of the AT&T variant are now receiving the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat with build version 165.44.1.en.US which fixes major bugs on the battery life, camera and more.
Android 4.4.2 Update
AT&T owners of Moto X can get a new firmware build version of Android 4.4.2 KitKat dubbed as 165.44.1.en.US that brings several improvements to the battery life, camera and more with additional features such as Google Cloud Printing services.
- Improvements on the natural light during photo capturing
- Auto-balance enhancements
- More precise exposure in backlit and outdoor scenes with improved colour accuracy
- Quicker touch to focus time for both low-light refocusing and continuous motion
- Faster switch on both front and rear cameras
- Increase speed of switching between viewfinder and gallery app
- Extended battery life
- Bug fixes on syncing issues with Microsoft Exchange
- Bug fixes on data connectivity while traveling internationally
- Google Cloud Printing services enabled
Earlier Firmware Version
In case your Moto X has not been upgraded since its purchase, you may receive two firmware updates that include 139.11.6.ghost_row.Retail.en.US. It brings several enhancements to the smartphone.
-????????? Improved camera quality on photo capturing
-????????? Improve focus
-????????? Speedy camera switching
-????????? Enhanced Touchless Control
-????????? Improved Motorola Migrate user experience
-????????? Google Drive 50 GB promotion
-????????? Improve voice call quality
-????????? Moto Care with Lost Device Finder
-????????? Driving detection on Motorola Assist
Installing Firmware Update
You can use the built-in software updater app on your Moto X to get the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat from your respective network carrier.
- Connect your Moto X to a Wi-Fi connection with Internet access. Do not use 3G or 4G/LTE for firmware updates.
- A notification should appear to prompt you of all features and changes you will get from the latest firmware.
- It is recommended to backup all your files and settings before updating the device.
- Connect your device to its AC adapter before downloading the firmware to avoid power interruption.
- The device will update after reaching 50 per cent for safety reasons.
- After the firmware download, follow the instructions provided on the screen.
- Never interrupt the installation process to prevent corrupting the firmware.