Tech fanatics have several dates marked on their calendars and the Mobile World Congress is certainly one of them. Each year, tech companies and device manufacturers march to Barcelona, Spain in order to showcase the best that they have to offer. With the MWC 2017 only several months away, there are already rumors which are floating as to which devices will be launched during the event.
During the Mobile World Congress 2016, several big names in the tech world launched some of their best gadgets. Consumers saw for the first time the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge and the LG G5 during MWC 2016.
Now tech fans are speculating as to which new devices will be featured during MWC 2017 which is scheduled to happen on February 27 to March 2 according to the Mobile World Congress website. Here are the top candidates so far.
- Microsoft Surface Phone ? The Surface Phone from Microsoft has been rumored for the past several months. The tech giant though has not really provided a confirmed release date for the device. With the rumored release date for the Surface Phone being in early 2017, the Mobile World Congress would be the perfect event to launch the new smartphone.
- Microsoft Surface Pro 5 ? Together with the Surface Phone, the Surface Pro 5 is yet another device which many tech lovers have been waiting for. It has been speculated that Microsoft will wait for the Intel Kaby Lake processors which will be arriving in late 2016. That puts a potential release date around the time of the MWC 2017.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 ? Samsung was the talk of the town during MWC 2016 thanks to its amazing launch for the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. That is the reason why it is not going to be a big surprise if the South Korean electronics giant will use the same event to launch its next flagship smartphone, the Galaxy S8.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 ? The Galaxy Note 7 was a big failure for Samsung and it is looking to rebuild its reputation quickly. With rumors that the company could release the Galaxy Note 8 together with the Galaxy S8, Samsung could be very busy during MWC 2017.
- Moto X 2017 ? Motorola is set to launch a great new smartphone next year, known only as the Moto X 2017 so far. If the Lenovo-owned company is hoping to make a huge splash with its new smartphone, the MWC 2017 event is surely a great way to go.
So, which smartphone do you think we will see launching during the Mobile World Congress 2017? Be sure to let us know in the comments below.