The much-awaited LG G5 will officially be released next week March 31 in South Korea and on April 1 in the US, Tech Times reports. The smartphone was a standout when it was unveiled at the Mobile World Congress last February along with the Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge.
If you are looking to buy a new handset, the new model from LG has loads of exciting features which you can consider when you?re out on a smartphone hunt. Here are 5 reasons why you should consider buying the new LG G5 (via Tech Times):
- Has 16-megapixel and 8-megapixel rear camera with laser autofocus, optical image stabilization (OIS), LED flash, and front camera of 8-megapixels.
- Features a 5.3-inch 2,560 x 1,440 quad-HD display with a pixel density of 554 pixels per inch (ppi) and runs Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. The mobile unit has 32 GB internal storage and microSD expansion slot able to support up to 200 GB microSD cards.
- Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor, Adreno 530 GPU (graphics processing unit) and 4GB RAM.
- Includes a removable 2,800 mAh battery which is supported by Quick Charge 3.0 which is capable of providing up to 83 percent charge in 30 minutes.
- Promotional freebies will also be included with each purchase of the handset depending on the region. These gifts include a modular digital camera add-on, charging cradle, and extra battery.
It doesn?t stop there as the new handset from LG has something more to offer which sets it apart from the saturated handset market. Pocket Lint reports that the new smartphone is compatible with the company?s new accessory line-up called, ?LG Friends,? which are modular add-ons that can transform the phone?s functions and capabilities including the LG Cam Pro, LG Hi-Fu Pro, and an extended battery pack. These will all cost extra which is worth the try if you would want to explore on the new features.
In the US, the handset is $630 if you?re planning to pay in full retail price. While T-Mobile offers it at $26.25 a month for 24 months and US Cellular offers $26.50 a month, according to Tech Radar. Verizon, Sprint and AT&T haven?t made any announcements on their delivery date or price for the handset.
T-Mobile is sweetening the deal even more as they will be giving an LG 360 Cam and LG Battery Bundle for free with their promo.
In the UK, Carphone Warehouse and Amazon offers an unlocked LG G5 at ?500.