Google might be the last place which needs an SEO expert, but apparently even the most influential ranking website needs help sometimes. Which is probably why Google is currently hiring an SEO expert!
The site has always been regarded as the most important influencer when it comes to search engine optimization, so it definitely comes as a surprise that they?ll be looking for someone who can be considered an expert in the standards they?ve set.
The posting, which was reported by Search Engine Land, and was discovered via a job posting in Google Careers, calls for a marketing and SEO savvy individual. The listing was for a ?Program Manager, Search Engine Optimization,? and asked for the candidate to focus on marketing.
According to Google, it wants to improve its marketing and product pages to drive ?organic traffic? to those pages.
Google is hiring an SEO Expert
The responsibilities include:
- Architect, design, develop and maintain innovative, engaging and informative sites for a worldwide audience.
- Maintain and develop the web code to ensure quality, content and readability by search engines.
- Keep pace with SEO, search engine and internet marketing industry trends and developments and report changes as needed.
- Advise, collaborate with, and synthesize feedback from Marketing, Product and Engineering partners to push for technical SEO best practices.
The qualifications include:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience developing websites and applications with SQL, HTML5, and XML.
- 2 years of SEO experience.
- Experience with Google App Engine, Google Custom Search, Webmaster Tools and Google Analytics and experience creating and maintaining project schedules using project management systems.
- Experience working with back-end SEO elements such as .htaccess, robots.txt, metadata and site speed optimization to optimize website performance.
- Experience in quantifying marketing impact and SEO performance and strong understanding of technical SEO (sitemaps, crawl budget, canonicalization, etc.).
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: Java, C/C++, or Python.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to dig extensively into metrics and analytics.
So do you think you?re qualified for the job or know anyone who is? There?s no link-building experience required.