Let?s look at the facts if the standalone game DayZ is worth every penny.
I?ve always been a fan of zombie survival shooting games from the famous PlayStation 1 game series Resident Evil to the house of the dead arcade, to the current PC game Left 4 Dead, but there is always something missing when I was playing those games until I heard about DayZ, one of the famous mods in the game Arma 2 and 3. The mod got all the attention it truly deserves so that?s why the creators of the mod decided to make DayZ a standalone game, but the question still remains, is the game worth buying?
Before, it was just an award winning mod for Arma 2 and 3 where you must buy the game first in order for you to play DayZ. It was a real test for people if they are indeed efficient with working together with a stranger or a friend or maybe it?s better off for them to be a lone wolf and wander off by themselves…..this is not advisable though.
So here are the facts if the game is really worth it.
- A lot of games have the same concept like DayZ but not all of them are as good as this one.
- You will really start from scratch here, the only items you have are your clothes which makes the game realistic.
- Search houses and other facilities for supplies. Trust your gut… it might be a big help for you in the long run.
- Trust no one other than your REAL friends. Be very careful when you see a person or a party nearby.
- Crafting and realism of the game.
- Be resourceful, keep everything you find.?It will give you a few ideas on how to survive a zombie apocalypse or maybe other catastrophic disasters that might happen in real life.
- You can either go for First-person view or Third-person. Not many games offer this kind of player?s perspective.
- Most of all, it looks fun to play this with your buddies or if you are alone.
Those are the positive sides of DayZ, but what about the negative?
- It is still on alpha version so expect a few minor to major bugs and it can be laggy at times.
- They?ve only released a few features for the SA (standalone) of the game compared to the mod version.
- Price of the game is a bit high for an alpha, might be reasonable for some people though.
Those are the only negative aspects of the game that I?ve seen so far. You can also make a story with your friends here or do random, weird or creepy stuff like this dude.
The decision is all yours to make whether you choose to be a good guy by helping out newbies or people in need, or a bad guy who robs other players of their items or hold them hostage so that you can ask ransom from their buddies. No one will judge you here for whatever path you chose, as the saying goes, ?survival of the fittest?.
Photo Source: (http://dayzmod.com/)
Credits to NKA17 for the YouTube video and to the creators of the game and mod.