The iPhone 7 is one smartphone that everyone has been waiting for. Ever since Apple released the iPhone SE earlier this year, iPhone fans have been waiting for the next flagship smartphone to arrive. The question many are probably asking, is the iPhone 7 really that much better than the iPhone 6s?
The iPhone 6s has received good reviews although its sales numbers have not exactly been something that Apple can be ecstatic about. The upcoming arrival of the?next generation iPhone?has tech junkies excited but many who already have the iPhone 6s are likely pondering on whether to upgrade once the next flagship releases. To help clear up this debate, let us take a closer look at both the iPhone 6s and the iPhone 7.
- Design ? From a design aspect, the iPhone 7 is expected to be very similar with its predecessor. One difference that has been confirmed so far is that the antenna bands of the iPhone 7 will no longer cut across the back of the device like with the iPhone 6s. The antenna bands for the upcoming smartphone will run along the top and bottom of the device leaving the backing clear and free of any obstructions.
- Display ? The iPhone 7 is going to have a 4.7-inch display much like the iPhone 6s. So in terms of the display size there is no change from last year?s iPhone.
- Processor ? The processors for the iPhone 7 is expected to get a huge upgrade. MacRumors reports that the iPhone 7 could sport the next generation A10 processors made by TSMC. This will surely make the upcoming iPhone?faster and more efficient than the iPhone 6s.
- Storage Size ? This is where the next generation iPhone is probably way ahead as compared to the iPhone 6s. The iPhone 6s starts out with a base memory of 16GB. The upcoming iPhone is said to start with 32GB of internal storage with the next option being a whopping 128GB. Apple has decided to eliminate the 16GB and 64GB options for the upcoming phone. Having additional storage will surely come as a delight to many iPhone fans.
- Other Features ? The iPhone 7 is also expected to have additional features which the iPhone 6s does not have. This includes improved waterproofing and the removal of the 3.5mm headphone jack. With regard to the latter, Apple has not yet revealed what they plan on using to replace the standard headphone jack, although rumors of Lightning or Bluetooth earpods may be the answer.
All in all, the iPhone 7 looks to be a big jump from last year?s model. iPhone 6s users still have some time to think about whether to upgrade or not. But with the excellent specs and great features of the iPhone 7, it is starting to look like an easy choice for consumers.