Apple will reportedly reveal a new iPad Air model this 2016. Apparently, the tech company is set to premiere a new iPad Air 3 but will possibly be removing the ?Air? variant and will supposedly be integrated into the iPad Pro, according to 3G UK.
The move is reportedly due to Apple ?trimming down and simplifying its iPad lineup? which will then be a result of the iPad Air 2 being the last of the ?Air? model, ChristianToday reported. Instead of being introduced to the iPad Air 3, the tech company will be announcing a new 9.7-inch tablet under the iPad Pro line.
iPad Air 3 Features
According to a 9to5Mac report, the next generation iPad Pro will come in 9.7-inch and 12.9-inch models and will feature an A9X processor and RAM upgrade. It will reportedly support Apple Pencil and have a Smart Connector port that will be able to attach an Apple smart Keyboard.
Check out the rumored specifications obtained on the upcoming iPad Pro from 3G UK:
- Dimensions (mm): 240 x 169.6 x 6.15 TBC
- Weight (g): TBC
- Battery capacity (mAh): TBC
- Colors: Space Grey, Silver, Gold, Rose Gold TBC
- Screen size (inches): 9.7 TBC
- Resolution: 1536 x 2048 TBC
- Pixel per inch (PPI) 264 TBC
- Processor: 2.26GHz dual-core TBC
- Processor make: Apple A9X TBC
- RAM: 4GB TBC
- Internal storage: 32/128GB TBC
- Expendable storage up to (GB): N/A
- Camera: 8-megapixel and 1.2-megapixel TBC
- Operating System: iOS 9 TBC
According to 9to5Mac, ?Sources say that Apple is slowing down production of older iPad mini and original iPad Air models, meaning that the iPad mini 2 and first-generation iPad Air are likely to be discontinued upon the launch of the smaller iPad Pro.? The new iPad Pro is set to launch at the Apple event in March together with the supposed 4-inch iPhone 5se and new Apple Watch band options.