HTC finally confirms the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for HTC Droid DNA. Users may expect Over-the-Air update starting on April 24th.
HTC Droid DNA Getting Android KitKat
HTC Executive Product Manager Mo Versi, announced the upcoming official Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS for HTC Droid DNA coming in April 24th. According to his tweet, Android 4.4.2 OS for Droid DNA has received technical approval and it features HTC Sense 5.5 UI.
DNA Owners! Appreciate your patience, we have technical approval for OS 4.4.2 + Sense 5.5. Expect OTA updates to start on 4/24. Thanks!
? Mo (@moversi) April 22, 2014
April 24th is the starting day of rollout but users may not receive the update on the same day. Depending on the region and network provider, software updates are expected to be released gradually. Owners will get the next major software upgrade via Over-the-Air process.
Current HTC Android 4.4 KitKat Updates
There are several models of HTC smartphones which are eligible to Android 4.4 KitKat and some of them have already received the update.
- HTC One 2013 Google Play edition received Android KitKat before the end of last year.
- HTC One 2013 Developer edition has received an Android KitKat update since November 29th last year.
- HTC One 2013 unlocked phones are also receiving Android KitKat which was announced last year.
- HTC One 2013 Sprint model receives the new firmware in February 1st 2014.
- In February 6th 2014, Verizon released Android KitKat with Sense 5.5 for HTC One 2013.
- HTC One Max Verizon is set for Android Kitkat.
- HTC UK released Android 4.4 update with HTC Sense 5.5 for the One smartphone in March 2014.
- HTC One 2013 Android 4.4 update in UK restarted after certain issues have been reported.
HTC tweaked several system functions on the Android 4.4 KitKat update for HTC One and One Max. Here are some notable features on the latest software from HTC.
- HTC Sense 5.5 user interface
- New lock screen process
- Revamped of music and gallery apps
- Revision of location services
- Do Not Disturb mode added
- Battery usage indicator
- Notification LED light tweaks
- Cloud Printing
- Tap to Pay service
- BlinkFeed optimisation
- New HTC Zoe functionality
HTC will expand Android KitKat for several other devices such as One Mini, Butterfly S, Desire 601 and Desire 700 which are planned for release this year. HTC One X+ and One X are not anymore eligible for any future update due to lack of drivers required by the company.
Photo Source: HTC