Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 is now upgradable to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS, but in some cases, users may find the firmware consuming high memory and drains battery faster than the Android 4.1 version. In XXUGNB6 build version, Samsung delivered major fixes for stability and performance.
- Create a manual backup of all contacts, messages, system settings and data files on the Galaxy S3.
- Make sure that the battery level is at least 50 per cent.
- Download and install the necessary USB drivers for Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 on your computer.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your device. Go to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
- Download the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean XXUGNB6 build and the ODIN flash tool on your computer.
Warning: TheBitBag is not responsible for any errors which may occur on your Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. Even though the firmware is not a custom ROM, it requires manual installation which may cause problems if done improperly. Read and follow the instructions carefully to avoid damaging the device. Do this at your own risk.
- After you?ve downloaded the files, extract both zip files on your computer.
- Launch the ODIN flash tool on your computer.
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 then press and hold the home, power and volume down keys at the same time to boot into Download mode. In case the device boots into the home screen, turn off again and redo the process again.
- Once you are in Download mode, you will see the Android logo, which means you can now connect the device using a USB cable to your computer.
- Go back to the ODIN flash tool on your computer and you should see the ?ID:COM? turning blue indicating a device has been detected.
- Select ?Auto Reboot? and ?F.Reset Time? options, ?then check the ?Re-Partition.?
- Click the ?AP? then select the ?.tar? file from the extracted firmware you?ve downloaded earlier.
- Select the ?Start? button to begin installation. Never interrupt the flashing process or your smartphone may corrupt the firmware or may even get ?bricked.?
- A ?PASS? notification will appear on the ODIN flash tool after the installation has been completed, which takes around four to five minutes.
- Your device will reboot automatically to normal mode and may take up to five minutes before reaching the home screen.
You may experience Google Play Store app crash after the process and you need to reboot into Recovery mode to fix it. Turn off the smartphone, press and hold the home, power and volume up keys at the same time till the Samsung logo appears.
Inside the recovery mode, select ?wipe data/factory reset? and ?wipe cache partition? then ?reboot system now.?
For confirmation of the new firmware, go to Settings > About phone > scroll down to see XXUGNB6 firmware build version.
Photo Source: Samsung