Beanstalk ROM is a new custom firmware running Android 4.4.2 KitKat and now available for the LG Nexus 5. Beanstalk features CyanogenMod based functions, customisable lock screen, slider shortcuts and bloatware-free system that significantly helps the RAM.
XDA recognised developer scott.hart.bti made the Beanstalk Android 4.4.2 KitKat and before you begin flashing it to your LG Nexus 5, make sure you have fulfilled the following requirements.
- Create a manual backup of all data files, contacts, messages and system settings from Nexus 5 since the ROM will wipe out everything.
- Make sure that the battery level is at least 50 per cent to avoid power interruption during installation.
- You must root your Nexus 5 and install a custom recovery such as ClockworkMod recovery in order to safely flash the custom firmware.
- Download and install the necessary USB drivers of LG Nexus 5 to your computer.
- Enable USB debugging mode on the smartphone. Go to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
- Download the Beanstalk Android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM and the Google Apps package on your computer.
Warning: TheBitBag is not responsible for any damages which may occur on your LG Nexus 5. Read and follow the instructions carefully to prevent damaging the smartphone. Do this at your own risk.
- Connect your LG Nexus 5 to the computer using a USB cable, then access its storage.
- Copy and paste the Beanstalk Android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM and the Google Apps package to the storage of your Nexus 5. Do not unzip the zip files when copying them.
- Disconnect the smartphone from your computer.
- Turn off your LG Nexus 5 and reboot it into recovery mode. You may use a ROM Manager app from the Play Store to reboot into recovery mode or press and hold on the volume down and power keys at the same time.
- If you use the keys, you will see a Google logo and you must press and hold on the volume down key. Inside the boot loader mode, press volume down twice for the recovery mode option to appear, then hit the power key to reboot again. Use the volume keys to navigate while the power key to select options.
- Inside the recovery mode, create an android backup of the current ROM. Select ?backup and restore > backup.? A copy of the current ROM will be saved inside the internal storage and you may use it to restore the system anytime.
- Go back then perform a complete wipe on your device. Select ?wipe data/factory reset? and ?wipe cache partition.? Then go to ?advanced > wipe Dalvik cache.?
- Install the Beanstalk Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Select ?install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card > select the ROM you?ve downloaded earlier > confirm installation.? Apply the same with Google Apps package.
- Once the installation has been completed, go back then select ?reboot system now.?
- It may take up to five minutes for LG Nexus 5 to reach the home screen as it runs the ROM for the first time.
Congratulations! Your LG Nexus 5 is running Android 4.4.2 KitKat with loads of customisations, system tweaks for performance boost and bloatware-free system.
Photo Source: XDA Developer Beanstalk Official Thread