Are you tired of putting long links in order to share something? If you do, then this app is for you ? the URL Shortener for Android, which will help you shorten URLs and share them quickly plus you?ll be given the analytics of what you?ve shared.
Great isn?t it?
URL Shortener is an application for Android where long URLs can be shortened and squeezed into fewer characters to make links easier to share, tweet, or email to friends. With this, you can have more space to say what?s on your mind.
In addition, it has a feature that will let you access analytics of any short URL, including the raw click counts and their distribution across referrers, browsers, platforms, and geographical locations.
WHAT URL SHORTENER CAN DO FOR YOU
This awesome app will let you do the following:
- ? Shorten URLs and share them quickly
- ? Access your history – always synced with goo.gl
- ? Get colorful analytics reports of any short URL, not just yours
- ? Shorten links through “share” in any app and get rich notifications
- ? Star your favoritesAnother great thing is ?URL Shortener was updated just recently from version 1.2 to 1.2.1 which means additional features which include the following:Version 1.2.1
- ? Fixed crash when pressing Back on certain tablets.
- ? Made sure “.info” short URLs open Analytics correctly.Version 1.2
- ? New translations: German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Spanish.
- ? Borderless thumbnails and cleaner placeholders.
- ? “Open” option in overflow menu in URL lists to open original link.
- ? Changed action bar and overflow “…” from squares to circles (more KitKat-ish).
- ? Misc. bug fixes.
HOW TO INSTALL URL SHORTENER
To install this application, it will require your devices to be in Android 4.0 and up in order for it to work well. Installing URL Shortener app is simple and you can do it by doing the following steps:
- ? Go to Google Play Store on your device
- ? Search for URL Shortener
- ? Locate and tap the entry by Thomas Devaux
- ? Tap Install
- ? Read through the permissions listing
- ? If the permissions are acceptable, tap Accept
- ? Once installed, launch the application
- ? Choose an account to associate with the app for history keeping purposes.
- ? Select the account, and tap OK.
- ? Then you?ll be required to give URL Shortener permission, so you have to tap OK to allow the app to manage your goo.gl short URLs.
That?s it. Enjoy your sharing with URL Shortener.
(Photos courtesy of https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tdevaux.googleurlshortener)