In case you?re experiencing problems with your mobile phone, we?re here to tell you how to repair and reinstall Whatsapp messenger on your Nokia phone.
One of the reasons why this messaging app is so popular because it?s available for Nokia users. Even if the company is being taken over by Microsoft, not everyone has an iPhone or a Galaxy Series phone. With wider reach and more supported devices, Whatsapp has pulled ahead of the online messaging pack.
Keep in mind that things may go wrong in the repair process so be careful. Always try to manually back up your device before you decide to mess with anything on your phone–especially the operating system. But since we’re just trying to repair an app, it shouldn’t lead to more problems.
So if you?re experiencing problems with your Whatsapp Nokia messenger, here are some things you could do:
- Try updating Whatsapp first. For the Nokia S60, open the app, then go to Options>Settings>Updates. Then select Check for updates and follow the instruction how to install the latest update for your Whatsapp Nokia messenger. If you?re using a Nokia S40, open the app, then go to Options>About>Options>Check for upgrade. You?ll get further instructions on how to update the device. For other Nokia phones, you can check and download manual updates here.
- You have to uninstall the app and reinstall it. The main problem with this fix is that you?re going to lose your chat history. Luckily, Whatsapp lets you save your chat history through this helpful process. When you?re done with that, here?s how to uninstall the app if your Nokia phone has a physical keyboard:
- Go to Menu>Applications>Installations.
- Choose Whatsapp from the app list.
- Select Options>Remove.
If you have a touch screen phone, here?s how to uninstall the app:
- Go to Menu
- Long press the app icon
- Tap Delete on the menu that pops up.
Once you?ve uninstalled Whatsapp, you can now install it again, fresh with your chat history! Check out our other guide on how to install Whatsapp Nokia messenger here.