Dummy accounts lingering online have been probably the most problematic thing since social media was created. A lot of people have taken advantage of the fact that they can create fake accounts to manipulate other people on social media making the internet an unsafe place. Fortunately, some precautions have been created to stop the spread of these so-called ?dummy? accounts. These instructions can help stop someone from bothering you on social media sites and can permanently restrict them from using the sites.
Blocking on Facebook
Facebook has made a way for people to block someone and unfriend them to restrict certain dummy accounts from bothering other people. You can also report abusive content or spam on Facebook by using the Report link to stop unruly behavior.
To block an account:
- Click the lock icon at the top right of any Facebook page.
- Click how do I stop someone from bothering me?
- Enter the name or email address of the person you want to block and click Block
- If you entered a name, select the specific person you want to block from the list that appears
To report an account:
- Go to the profile you want to report
- In the bottom right of the cover photo, click the three dots and select Report
- Follow the on-screen instructions on the website.
Dummy accounts on Twitter
Followers on Twitter can also clog social media accounts and can expose you to phishing or spam and may put your own account at risk and be deleted. You can determine if your followers are fake and remove them instantly on Twitter by taking note of these reminders.
To block an account:
Select the?account?with the?block?list you want to view. Tap on?Blocked accounts. You can unblock users by clicking the red unblock icon or visit their profile by tapping on their profile photo. If you previously imported a list of?blocked accounts, you’ll see the option to tap All or Imported?blocked accounts.
Or follow these steps:
- Go to the profile page of the account you wish to block
- Click or tap the gear icon on their profile page
- Select Block from the menu
- Click Block to confirm