A lot of Wifi tablet users want know how to install Whatsapp on their Samsung Galaxy Tab, Xperia Z2, Nexus 7 and other Android tablets without 3G or 4G. One of the biggest downsides to using the popular messaging service is that you need a phone number to register. The Android version of the app is a bit more lenient with their registration and usage so it?s not going to be as complicated as the iPad hack (unless you want it to be).
So if you want to know how to install Whatsapp on any Android tablet, take a look at our little guide:
What you need to download app on your Samsung Galaxy Tab, Xperia Z2, Nexus 7 and other Android tablets:
- The Whatsapp .APK file which you can find here.
- A separate mobile phone where you can receive the confirmation code.
Once you?ve got these arranged, here?s how you can install the messaging service on your Android tablet. Keep in mind that depending on your usage and some unknown factors, your Android tablet may encounter errors and glitches. You install the APK and other files at your own risk. Theoretically, though, since you aren?t rooting your Android tablet, you aren?t tinkering with the system itself.
So how do you get a working Whatsapp client on your Android tablet? Here are the steps:
- Install the .APK file on your SD card or the Android tablet by transferring the file from your PC to the device. Depending on where your tablet runs its apps, you might need to transfer it to the main internal memory.
- On your Android tablet, go to Settings>Apps>Security. On that menu, check ?Unknown Sources? on the administrator permissions. This means that you can now sideload apps from your PC to your Android tablet, bypassing the usual app store you use.
- Go to the folder or directory where you?ve transferred the .APK file and tap it and run. The installation process will start. Allow the app to access the needed data on your tablet.
- ?Once the installation is finished, you?ll see the app icon in your app drawer. Tap it. Follow the setup instructions.
- When the setup process asks you to input a phone number, use your mobile phone number. This type of installation gives you a separate Whatsapp account if your mobile phone doesn?t have the messaging service on it already.
- Wait for the code to arrive in a text message on your mobile phone. Use the code on the Whatsapp installation wizard.
- Once everything is done and set up, restart your tablet.
- You can now use your messaging service on your Android tablet.
Were you successful? We hope that you now know how to install Whatsapp on your Samsung Galaxy Tab, Xperia Z2, Nexus 7 or whatever Android tablet you have.
Want to know how to install Whatsapp on your iPad? Check out my guide here.
You can also find out how to install Whatsapp on your Nokia phone here.