Your excitement may suddenly be curtailed when you find out that there is no official or conventional way on how to install Whatsapp on the iPad or Android tablet. This may mean that you have to trek to the electronics store and have your iPad jailbroken or your Android tablet rooted just so you can use the messaging service.
You may also be wondering as to why there is no official way on how to install Whatsapp on the iPad and other Android tablets. The reason is simple: you need a valid mobile phone number to register and tablets don?t usually come with SIM card slots or phone numbers. Keep in mind that you do need an iPhone to have a messaging account. Always backup your iPhone and iPad before making any changes. You should also remember that there may be problems and glitches; you take the risk of bricking your device when you choose to tamper with it in ways that hasn?t been recommended officially. The iPad installation is simply for simultaneous use. So how do we get around to using the messaging service on both your iPhone and the iPad? Take a look:
- Download Whatsapp on your Mac or PC using iTunes. Open up iTunes then search for the app in the App Store. Make sure you download it on iTunes. It should appear in your Apps tab.
- Open the source files for the app. Depending on what computer you use, you have to go to your iTunes folder and find the Whatsapp folder that includes the .ipa file. Make a copy and drag it to your desktop.
- Download a file manager for your iPad that lets you look and manage the files on your iPad without a jailbreak. One example is iFunbox but there are also other file managers.
- Open iFunbox and then use it to install the messenger on your iPad.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer and use iFunbox to download the source files, message history and settings for the messaging service. This means you have to copy the Library and Documents folder to your desktop.
- Disconnect your iPhone and plug in your iPad to your computer again. Open iFunbox and paste the Library and Documents folders you just copied within the app.
- Unplug your iPad and then restart it. If you?ve done everything correctly and your iPad isn?t temperamental, you?ll see the Whatsapp icon on your screen and you can now use it with the same number you have in your iPhone!
This method also works for the iPod Touch but you still need an iPhone for the mobile phone number that you have to use. We hope that you now know how to install Whatsapp on your iPad!