For Samsung Galaxy S3 users, the wait for Android KitKat 4.4 is certainly too long. People are wondering how to install Android KitKat 4.4 for Galaxy S3.The update was first pushed then someone said that it wasn?t going to happen anymore?so what?s it going to be, Samsung? Nonetheless, the presence of the Android KitKat 4.4 update for Galaxy S4 and Note 3 has been released so technically there?s already a working Android update for Samsung phones.
This means that you can actually use the official firmware Samsung launched for other devices on your S3. This is the easy way on how to install Android KitKat 4.4 for Galaxy S3. Keep in mind, though, that pushing firmware onto your phone has unpredictable results. Nonetheless, it?s possible and Samsung even has an official way to do it:
1. Download the Samsung Kies software onto your computer. It?s just like a Samsung iTunes, but it?s not popular at all and people mostly use it for updating and resetting their device.
2. Backup your Samsung Galaxy S3 before you start the update process.
3. Plug your phone to your PC and open the Samsung Kies software.
4. The software detects the current firmware for your device and then asks to update the phone on its own. Just follow the instructions and Samsung Kies will fix your phone with latest firmware right up.
The problem with most updates for Samsung phones is that they are already available, but carriers sometimes take a while to release them.
What can you anticipate with Android KitKat 4.4 on your Galaxy S3? Well, it?s going to be faster because the update was designed for low-memory phones in mind. It manages your phone memory better and gives you loads of other features such as:
1. Full screen mode for reading
2. Say ?Ok Google? while Google Now is active to use voice commands.
3. A smarter caller ID that collates information from online directories to put a name to an unknown number calling you.
4. Faster multi-tasking thanks to performance improvements.
5. Music album art while your screen is locked and you?re listening to tunes.
So what are you waiting for? Now that you know how to install Android KitKat 4.4 for Galaxy S3, you don’t have to put up with the bugs and downsides of earlier Android versions.