The Diablo 3 RoS Hellfire Amulet is an item implemented in the PTR at the moment that gives you an extra passive skill for your class. Whoever rolled the item gets a random passive skill added as one of the item properties.
So now you understand that you essentially get another slot for your passive skills when you have the Diablo 3 RoS Hellfire Amulet. This is why players who aren?t in the PTR should get ready with the crafting materials so they can get one as soon as it comes out in the live patch.
So how do you get a Hellfire Amulet? Here?s how:
1. Purchase the crafting recipe from Squirt the Peddler for 5 million gold.
2. Farm keys for the Infernal Machine from the Keywardens.
3. Craft Infernal Machine Plans at the Blacksmith using your keys.
4. Use the keys to farm the crafting materials for the Diablo 3 RoS Hellfire Amulet from the super bosses.
5. Once the materials are complete, go to the Jeweller and craft as many Hellfire Amulets as you can.
What are the specific items you need? Since the recipe is still on the PTR, these ingredients might change. But as of the moment, here are the items you need:
- 1 Leoric?s Regret
- 1 Idol of Terror
- 1 Vial of Putridness
- 1 Heart of Evil
- 10 Forgotten Souls
- 50,000 gold
As you can see, getting that extra passive skill isn?t going to be easy. The most effective way to farm them is through the Infernal Machines, because bounties are too far apart and you?d have to finish all bounties again and again just to reset the bosses. You can, however, use the Infernal Machines to fight 2-3 of these bosses (including Diablo) at the same time. Even if the bosses do not drop your materials, you can still get one of the many Forgotten Souls you need.
So there you have it, you now know how to get a Diablo 3 RoS Hellfire Amulet and why every one of your toons should get one.